Recumbents and Pee Breaks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fatjel

Veteran
I once stopped for a pee on the trike only to find I had an issue with the cleat on one shoe and had to get my foot out of the shoe and hop through some mud to finish the job. Had a recently broken collarbone at the time which wasn’t helpful. Then I had to find a bike shop and get the shoe released from the pedal. There ended the first and only recumbent trike audax attempt

grldtnr

I once stopped for a pee on the trike only to find I had an issue with the cleat on one shoe and had to get my foot out of the shoe and hop through some mud to finish the job. Had a recently broken collarbone at the time which wasn’t helpful. Then I had to find a bike shop and get the shoe released from the pedal. There ended the first and only recumbent trike audax attempt
Since I am a laidback cyclist, I am not bothered, where I cycle in the crowded South East, I have never attracted an audience, do not 'inconveineced', if you want to go ,let it flow, I say!

alex_cycles

Veteran
I was taught that the urgent need to pee when SCUBA diving meant you were getting cold - even if you didn't feel it. Can remember on boat trips in Egypt there was always a mad rush for the bogs straight after a dive.

I have also noticed when going out to play golf in the cold that it makes you want to pee. Same with bike riding in winter - you get the urge quite soon after going out.

So. I wonder if there's something about the recumbent position (e.g. having your arse and nethers more exposed to the airflow?) that makes whichever part of your body that causes this issue a bit colder than when on an upright? Just a thought.

Pro road race riders used to be able to pee on the move while keeping up with the peloton. Not sure if that's possible on a recumbent trike or two wheeler. Might need a pee bottle or reverse drinks bladder. I think there's a medical term for the last option. I have a strange image of a line of recumbent riders out on a group ride stopping at the side of the road for a group pee stop.

Running water supposed to make you want a pee. Do you mostly go out in the rain? If you're near us in nw England chances are it'll be raining.

Top Bottom