Red light jumpers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trevrev

Veteran
OH NO !!!! Not another red light jumping thread !!!!........hahahaha !!!

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
It's just the same sheer bloody mindedness and ignorancethat we see in any road user that bends the rules to suit themselves.

This week I've had a van driver and a motorcyclist comment on how impressed they were that I had stopped for red lights.

I guess as the weather is improving there are a lot of newbie and fair weather cyclists taking to the road so the proportion of those less skilled or road aware plus 'self rightious' riders are on the increase.

Crankarm

Guru
tdr1nka said:
It's just the same sheer bloody mindedness and ignorancethat we see in any road user that bends the rules to suit themselves.

This week I've had a van driver and a motorcyclist comment on how impressed they were that I had stopped for red lights.

I guess as the weather is improving there are a lot of newbie and fair weather cyclists taking to the road so the proportion of those less skilled or road aware plus 'self rightious' riders are on the increase.

Did you tell them you were equally impressed that they weren't using their mobile phone whilst driving or pulling a wheelie at 140mph ;)?

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Crankarm said:
Did you tell them you were equally impressed that they weren't using their mobile phone whilst driving or pulling a wheelie at 140mph :wacko:?

As they seemed genuinely pleased to see a cyclist actually following the HC I felt it better not to.

Then again to say such things, if they were not breaking the law in any way, would have been wrong and just tarring these road users with the same brush, which after all is what RLJ'ers don't realise makes drivers do to cyclists in general.

Top Bottom