Red light jumpers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
What about people cutting open the curtain sides of lorries parked at night?

Is it ok to do it, because they think they can get away with it?

dondare

Über Member
The Law isn't perfect but it's better than anarchy.

It works best when everyone obeys it all, and not just the bits that they want to.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
dondare said:
Haven't you noticed how bothered both non-cyclists and Law-abiding cyclists are by it? This makes it antisocial seeing as they make up a much greater proportion of Society than rljers do.
Well, Lee probably has more experience in ignoring lights than I have, does this mean that he knows more about it?

Not really. People are bothered by it but a lot of the bother is in people's imagination - a lot of the people who complain about RLJers have probably never seen one and are just jumping on the bandwagon. It's best off not mentioning it really.

As for cyclists, some of them are bothered, but I don't do the whole guilt or cultural imperialism thing. I go with the TRL's line of cyclists being an out-group and that apples are not like oranges, that everybody is responsible for themselves and I'd really rather people didn't do something rather than getting super upset about all cases - sometimes it is a big deal, sometimes not.

dondare

Über Member
tdr1nka said:
No, I'm still here.

A little ashamed I laughed when I misread Dondare's post and thought he had said a taxidermist was killed by an RLJ. :angry:

Do you remember it? Perhaps a couple of years back. Because he was a cyclist himself a few posters (on this and other forums) had known him personally.

dondare

Über Member
marinyork said:
Not really. People are bothered by it but a lot of the bother is in people's imagination - a lot of the people who complain about RLJers have probably never seen one and are just jumping on the bandwagon. It's best off not mentioning it really.

Doesn't it happen in York? I know that it's worse in London than outside but it's certainly a complaint that I hear everywhere.

marinyork said:
As for cyclists, some of them are bothered, but I don't do the whole guilt or cultural imperialism thing. I go with the TRL's line of cyclists being an out-group and that apples are not like oranges, that everybody is responsible for themselves and I'd really rather people didn't do something rather than getting super upset about all cases - sometimes it is a big deal, sometimes not.

I have really bad thoughts about rljers.

Top Bottom