REFLEX VANQUISH help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Not a lot wrong with that. Make sure they have it in your size first though... and try and wangle a few freebies too! A pump maybe, or a lock....

OP
OP
G

golfather1

yello said:
Not a lot wrong with that. Make sure they have it in your size first though... and try and wangle a few freebies too! A pump maybe, or a lock....

i am ordering from web site so i am not sure if i can get any freebies :biggrin:

OP
OP
G

golfather1

yello said:
Oh. Any chance you can get into a branch of Evans to try it for size first?

The nearest branch is in Nottingham. i tried few bikes i birmingham & they all said i need medium size bike as i am 5ft 10.

or i can give Evans a ring & ask them about size, They are quite helpful

OP
OP
G

golfather1

punkypossum said:
I'm definitely no fan of Halfrauds, but I'm struggling to see why the carrera bikes are bad quality!

I mean if you compare carrera build quality with GIANT& RIDGEBACK
then its no way near these 2 bikes.
But its my personal opinion or sales people in HALFORDS don't know how to sell there product :rolleyes: because when i went there no one even bother to talk to me, only one 16 year old boy came to me with no experinace.

Moonlight

Carrera frames are made in the same factories as many bigger brands, just they stick cheaper comps on them as MP says. Still reliable, and I still consider my entry level Halfrauds roadie the best value for money. Especially considering the entry level Scott has near identical specifications but with an extra £200 thrown on the price tags.

You can usually trust the solid brands, but you will pay for the brand name. Much like Nike clothes.

The Ridgeback is a good bike, but beware that you may wish to change to drop bars once you get into cycling. The consensus seems to be that they are the faster option. However, if it's only 3 miles then it shouldn't make much difference.

Have fun on you bike, mate.

OP
OP
G

golfather1

Are you sure you guys dont work for carrera lol
just joking
but some excellent information there guys thank you again

i am starting with 3 miles only but my work is 12 miles from my house so i am planing ahead once i am use to 3 miles i will try to achive my 12 miles.

another question
what are drop bars ?

RedBike

another question
what are drop bars ?
The bars most road bikes have, the type than curve around

panasonic_dx_2000_brake_handle_thumb.jpg

Ivan Ardon

We have two Carreras in the family stable. A Crossfire hybrid that the wife rides, and a Carrera 24 that we bought for youngest daughter. Both are well designed, good quality bikes. The Crossfire is built to a price, and you can see where they've specified cheap components to keep it below that price (tyres, tubes, saddle), but my daughter's bike is almost as good as one of Isla's own and for a fraction of the price (and far better than the more expensive Giant kids bike that my goddaughter has).

OP
OP
G

golfather1

after taking everyone advise on board, i will go again to another hallfords & take a good look of carrea again.
i have to say this forum is excellent & everyone is very helpful

i will let you guys know the outcome

Top Bottom