Reg Tedstill Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ian c

I've tripped over a couple of bicycles sold under a name I haven't heard of before - Reg Tedstill of Wednesfield. I'm going to investigate a bit further but it sounds to me like a very small name that possibly bought in Jack Hateley frames and built them up. If anyone can shed any more light then I'd be very happy to learn more.

BTW, Sunbeam update pics are coming up soon!

classic33

Leg End Member

23dinger

Reg Tedstill was an old friend of mine who built his own bikes when Ti Raleigh became so terribly unreliable and placed his living in jeopardy ,He bought in frame lugs and created each bike to size with Reynolds double butted tube as required . He had a small shop in Wednesfield which remained open until his death at the end of the 1980s/ beginning of the 1990s , He was not a cyclist and had dealerships for Philips, Dawes and Agrati .
I worked for him at Weekends and during the School holidays in the !960s.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Reg Tedstill was an old friend of mine who built his own bikes when Ti Raleigh became so terribly unreliable and placed his living in jeopardy ,He bought in frame lugs and created each bike to size with Reynolds double butted tube as required . He had a small shop in Wednesfield which remained open until his death at the end of the 1980s/ beginning of the 1990s , He was not a cyclist and had dealerships for Philips, Dawes and Agrati .
I worked for him at Weekends and during the School holidays in the !960s.
Another mystery solved thanks to CC!

OP
OP
ian c

ian c

My Googling came up with a link to Wolverhampton Wheelers but it appeared that the forum had gone offline so I didn't take it any further. It seems to be back up now so I'll see about dropping them a line. Thanks for the info 23dinger, just out of curiosity where was the shop? I used to have family over in Wednesfield but I can't remember seeing it from when I used to go over there..

23dinger

My Googling came up with a link to Wolverhampton Wheelers but it appeared that the forum had gone offline so I didn't take it any further. It seems to be back up now so I'll see about dropping them a line. Thanks for the info 23dinger, just out of curiosity where was the shop? I used to have family over in Wednesfield but I can't remember seeing it from when I used to go over there..
Shop was on the right hand side just above the garage which was owned by a family called Marsh .
It is currently an Indian sweet shop.

classic33

Leg End Member
The current link for the club is my post "try getting in touch".

Davewolves

i remember it from my childhood was a Raleigh dealers who also built his own frames, his shop would be close to the Sainsbury's supermarket.
it is now an Indian sweet shop but the road is now avoided by the Wednesfield by-pass

Top Bottom