Reminder - Free Strava Trial Offer Ends Tonight / Tomorrow Morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
For the free Strava users amongst us, a reminder that their free 60-day trial offer ends at midnight tonight Pacific time / 9am tomorrow for those of us in the UK.

You have to put in your bank details so if you're tight like me don't forget to cancel it just before the 60 days is up!

Slick

Guru
I usually do which is what they are relying on. :sad:

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I usually do which is what they are relying on. :sad:
Yeah; same.. I do plan on using the free trial though and will be setting multiple reminders on my phone / elsewhere to ensure I kill the subscription at the end of it!

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

Well.. I implemented the free trial (along with a reminder on my phone to cancel it on the 19th of August!).

So far the additional features are quite nice but ultimately proven pretty lacklustre tbh. The heatmap is of passing interest just to see how far I've ventured / in which directions / which routes I've used most, while it's interesting to be able to once more see my relative performance on each segment, along with my overall ranking on each (although they're always well down). I like the relative effort numbers and weather reports too..

Oh - unsurprisingly to the cynic in me, now I've "subscribed" I no longer have to chase the display of my otherwise invisible PRs / achievements :rolleyes:

Ultimately I still feel much the same as I did in that I can't really justify putting £50 down for a year's subscription.. the added functionality is nice but really just frilly peripherals with not a lot of tangible real-world value. So unless they offer a reduced fee at some point I have no intention of paying to subscribe once the free trial runs out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I had an email from Strava last night still offering the free trial. Maybe it hasn't been as popular as they hoped.
Thanks - that's very telling! I held out for as long as possible in an effort to convey my reluctance FWIW.

Doesn't appear to bode well for the subscription drive if they're not even getting the takeup they'd hoped on the free trial. Hopefully this might precipitate a reduction in the subscription cost..

D

Deleted member 26715

I have a red "start trial" button if I log on to Strava. Takes you to this page: https://www.strava.com/subscribe which still offers a free 30 (not 60) day trial.
So have I but didn't they always do that? I don't like signing up to any 'Free' offers that needs my card details upfront, the only one that I will do is Amazon as once you have received the offer confirmation you can go back into your account & cancel, it takes effect at the end of the period.

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I have a red "start trial" button if I log on to Strava. Takes you to this page: https://www.strava.com/subscribe which still offers a free 30 (not 60) day trial.
In that case it looks like the 60-day trial has indeed ended and they're back to the standard 30-day affair that was apparently always there.

Top Bottom