Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley Renfrewshire informal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Yup next one will possibly be in two weeks ;-)

Would be interested in coming out on one of these rides, but I work weekends :sad:. Does anyone else have days off midweek? If there are a few, I could get a ride organised.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Would be interested in coming out on one of these rides, but I work weekends :sad:. Does anyone else have days off midweek? If there are a few, I could get a ride organised.
Me! Very rarely I get weekends off.
Butbutbut... I go 5mph no joke ^_^ : don't mind the least about getting left behind as long as the route is well signposted and I can't get lost!

D

Deleted member 20519

I'd be available during the week.

Brandane

Legendary Member
That's 3 of us already then :smile:. I will come up with a route in the region of 20/30 miles then which Pat will no doubt complete in about an hour and a half :thumbsup:. Off the top of my head I'm thinking about a circuit of Bute - 23 miles. Wemyss Bay is easy to get to by car or train, for the ferry to Bute. Should I just use this thread to post it on, or start another?

And obviously the basic rules apply, i.e. NO-ONE gets left behind. If I am organising it, the least you can do is wait for me! :laugh:

D

Deleted member 20519

That's 3 of us already then :smile:. I will come up with a route in the region of 20/30 miles then which Pat will no doubt complete in about an hour and a half :thumbsup:. Off the top of my head I'm thinking about a circuit of Bute - 23 miles. Wemyss Bay is easy to get to by car or train, for the ferry to Bute. Should I just use this thread to post it on, or start another?

And obviously the basic rules apply, i.e. NO-ONE gets left behind. If I am organising it, the least you can do is wait for me! :laugh:

It's probably best to start a new thread.

D

Deleted member 20519

OK, will do, once I decide on a date. Since it's winter we'll just have to take our chances with the weather, and I can come up with an alternative on the day if the ferries are off.

Do you reckon it'll be before the end of November?

Brandane

Legendary Member
Do you reckon it'll be before the end of November?
That would be next week then! I will stick a post up for that. If others can't make it then it's not hard to run it again, I'm just down the road from Wemyss Bay. Weather looks ok - if a bit chilly - next week.

D

Deleted member 20519

@ColinJ posted some suggestions in another thread about starting a new thread -

ColinJ said:
I can make a few suggestions for the next one:
  • Start the thread title with 'Forum ride'. A lot of people are time-poor and quickly scan titles to see if they can spot anything that interests them.
  • Say where it is from and to e.g. Worthing to Cuckfield.
  • Include the date in the title. Don't ask for suggestions about the date or you will end up having to disappoint people who prefer a different date.
  • Find reasons to bump the thread up regularly. This thread had no posts for over a month so it wouldn't be picked up by people who use the What's New? link. Don't just type 'bump' though - talk about the cafe stop, something interesting on the route, or the weather forecast nearer the day of the ride ...
Good luck with your next forum ride! :thumbsup:

It would be nice to have a decent sized group turning up instead of just 3 or 4 people.

Manders

Hello Renfrewshire people persons :smile: I posted on another area of this site...but can't quite remember where. ANYWAY.. :smile: sorry if I am repeating myself ...but am just trying to find out it here's anyone in the Renfrewshire area looking for a cycling partner for this weekend. Yeh...it's going to be parky....but Heh! It's a challenge. No crazy racey pace, just "quite fast", cake and coffee :smile: COOL x

Top Bottom