Replacement brake pads for a road bike with Calliper brakes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JoniL

It's my first time of buying new brake pads for my road bike. I've only done 250 miles on the bike, but my commute to college has me going 30mph and then braking for traffic lights all the time. But the brake pads are really worn now, particularly my rear one and it really shows in how the bike acts. But I'm stuck now about which ones to choose. I don't mind spending a little bit more, but I'm ideally looking for 4 pads that will last longer, brake a little better than the standard pads and wear better under all the harsh braking. I'm well and truly lost when it comes to finding some though, but I usually put a lot of trust into Shimano and saw a set of Ultegra ones, but I was put off when the description talked about compatibility. Any suggestions would be much appreciated :smile:

Thanks,
Joni

Hydra

Occasional Pepper Carver
Trial and error.

The last set I bought were these and they were fine. After a few months of heavy use they were still going strong, until I got my new bike, now they're having a rest.

gbb

Legendary Member
While i like and use Ultegra pads, mine wear moderately quickly considering i dont actually use the brakes that much.

OP
OP
J

JoniL

Thanks everyone, where do you guys buy the Koolstop brake pads and shoes? The dotbike link is really good, but it's literally the only place I can find road bike ones online and I haven't seen them in any bike shops either really. The same goes for replacement pads, there seems to be lots of V-type pads, but calliper ones for road bikes don't seem to be as common.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Another vote for Clarks CPS240, they transformed the garbage brakes on my Secteur and were also cheap at £9.99 including carriers and 2 sets of pads.

Top Bottom