Replacement disc brake pad adjuster?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ok so I've now been in touch with a number of retailers over the stock issues, and I received the following back regarding the TRP Spyre?

"However all Spyre brakes are designed to work with road (usually drop bar) brake levers and I suspect your Subway will have flat bar MTB style levers which have a shorter cable pull."

What? 😕
I did wonder upthread if that might be the case?
what about BB7?

OP
OP
S

Shoxt3r

I did wonder upthread if that might be the case?
what about BB7?

Hmm what would be the reason? I compared the Spyre with my current setup and they seem identical, as long as I go for the Post Mount, not the Flat Mount version.

I've been looking into BB7s and found some on eBay but they seem far too cheap, especially as they come with rotors included...?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SRAM-Avi...-/233347545231?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Hmm what would be the reason?
Because road brake levers have a different pull ratio to MTB/flat bar (direct pull) brake levers. (that's why road bikes have caliper brakes not v brakes (talking rim brake models here).

those you linked are what you want, I had them on a tandem to replace the cheap crap they came with, they could stop a run away train.
cheaper because its new old stock but not in a box.

OP
OP
S

Shoxt3r

Well, despite the issues with stock I managed to get a good deal on a used TRP Spyke - turns out the Spyre would not have been suitable.
Can't wait to get it fitted at the weekend and get out for a ride at long last!!

Lovacott

Über Member

RRCC

Guru
if you go for BB7s be aware that there are two versions – one for drop bar levers one flat bar levers – make sure you get the flat bar one.

OP
OP
S

Shoxt3r

if you go for BB7s be aware that there are two versions – one for drop bar levers one flat bar levers – make sure you get the flat bar one.

Ah yes the same is for the TRP set I eventually went for. The TRP Spyke is for mountain bikes whereas the Spyre is for road bikes.

Top Bottom