Replacement saddle to seatpost clamp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rliu

Veteran
Hi, there are plenty of seatpost clamps out there for the post to the frame, but harder to filter these out to get to seatpost to saddle clamps. I have had a Deda Drittisimo seatpost since about 2013, and they use basically two M6 bolts:
1587764981202.png

Over time there has been so much gunk and dirt in the top fixings that both bolts have become completely seized and stuck. I therefore decided to just break one off, thinking it should be easy to get two bolts and a wide enough fixing, but have actually found this quite a laborious process. Does anyone have any links to steer me in the right direction?

One thought I've had is using some spring toggles?

1587765475911.png

Last edited:

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Two m6 bolts shouldn't be too much of a problem. The other bits that the bolts tighten into would have to be shaped and dimensioned to engage nicely with the saddle rails?
Do you know any model engineers? Someone with a lathe? I suppose with patience, some Dykem marking fluid and some files you could have a go...
The lathe would be a lot easier though!

I'm having the same problem. There are only (I think) a limited range of bolt types, yet the online places don't seem to stock them!
Buying a new seatpost for want of an M6 allen-head bolt is absurd.[I've scavenged them from other unused bikes.]

I expect I'll just get a couple from a general hardware store, but that's tricksy at the moment as they're mostly just click-n-collect. pfft.

OP
OP
R

rliu

Veteran
looks exactly the same attatchment as i have on my fleabay carbon post , might be worth just buying a cheap post with the same fixing?
Yes that was another thought process I had, as I've seen same bolt system being used on some £13 seatposts on Amazon, dunno what I'd actually do with the post itself though as the Amazon page has other buyers showing their posts snapping

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yareta-carbon-bicycle-Cycling-%CE%A630-9%C3%97330mm/dp/B07KXLB5GG/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&m=A13NNZKCMIANB3&marketplaceID=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&qid=1587761781&s=merchant-items&sr=1-1&th=1&psc=1

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Seen some reviews saying they felt the carbon grade was poor and the light advertised weight comes from skimping on thickness, any similar observations your end?
I dunno i was just saying that the clamps on this are the same as the OP so if he wanted to get the same bits at the expense of a cheap post .I cant compare to others as as im around 69 kg i havent had issues with it .

Top Bottom