replica jersey snobbery?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Saw a guy tonight in the mid blue and strong pink colours, was it Lampre?, anyway he actually looked the part, had the physique and was fair tooling along, quite impressive.

Was this him?

fatguyinspandex.jpg

rsvdaz

ive been papp'd :smile:

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Mmm I couldn't see myself ever whereing either team GB, British or World champs jerseys....other countries national or champs though are cool. Espeacially Belgium.
jersey-bioracer-belgian-front.jpg
dscf36052.jpg

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Whilst hunting for the pics above I found the website above....

Nice retro Merino tops.....French, Belgian, Italian Champs Jersey...Retro Sky jersey called the Bradley :wahhey: and an awsome Black and pink giro jersey...$110 apiece...think thats about £77 including postage!

Cima Coppi

sdr gb

Falling apart
creditagricole04_nm_katr_lrv_1_z1.jpg

I got one of these as a birthday present a few years ago. I've never had any comments from other riders about wearing a national champs jersey.

If you like it, wear it.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Just got back from France, and almost 100% of cyclists riding road bikes were in a team kit, from 16-60+ from whippets to rottweiler size, t'was quite strange. Mostly wering caps and very little signs of helmets, in fact you could almost spot the Brit by the wearing of a helmet!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Whilst hunting for the pics above I found the website above....

Nice retro Merino tops.....French, Belgian, Italian Champs Jersey...Retro Sky jersey called the Bradley :wahhey: and an awsome Black and pink giro jersey...$110 apiece...think thats about £77 including postage!

Cima Coppi

Hmmm, some of those are very nice

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Am building up the courage to put a lairy top on, only wearing black at the mo, i have bought a nice bright one just waiting for a nice sunny sunday to wear it. lol

Willo

Just got back from France, and almost 100% of cyclists riding road bikes were in a team kit, from 16-60+ from whippets to rottweiler size, t'was quite strange. Mostly wering caps and very little signs of helmets, in fact you could almost spot the Brit by the wearing of a helmet!

I was in France also (Vendee) and most were wearing local club jerseys. Also noticed lots of caps vs helmets but from those I saw it seemed a generation thing; older riders wearing caps but the younger ones using a helmet. This split was really obvious when seeing large club rides of 30/40 riders.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I was in France also (Vendee) and most were wearing local club jerseys. Also noticed lots of caps vs helmets but from those I saw it seemed a generation thing; older riders wearing caps but the younger ones using a helmet. This split was really obvious when seeing large club rides of 30/40 riders.
I wasn't too far from you, in the Charente Maritime just below La Rochelle, I spent the first five days longing for my road bike having taken my hybrid, but then was thankful as my hybrid was stolen! spent the rest of holiday on a creaking crank hired bike that cost me 45 euro's and was truly truly awful to ride.

You are right though, guessing a lot of the kit could have been local, I looked around a tiny LBS in Royan that was selling Ridley bikes least expensive was 3500 euro! Didn't see many of the big volume UK sold brands on the road either.

Nor did I witness the normally great French respect for the cyclist either which was dissapointing.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
My LBS has a a race team wearing this jersey....

http://www.britishcy...uly_17_2011.jpg

They sell their own team Jerseys in the shop, if its 'wrong' to wear a pro kit, what about wearing a smaller local teams kit?

I've still got the opinion i just wear what i like and don't give a hoot!

andy

Oddly I think that wearing the kit of local team is wrong whereas wearing a replica of a pro team is not.

Top Bottom