Reply missing and toolbar non functioning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
As per title and screenshot.
Turn JavaScript off, start the thread,
then back on to upload the screenshot when editing the post.
Screenshot_2021-12-31-23-42-59.png

Toolbar remains light grey, non functioning.

Shaun

Founder
Try tapping the preview icon (far right) - looks like it may be in preview mode (buttons disabled).

Non-preview:
1640995892742.png

Preview mode:
1640995915024.png

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Chrome & Android as per screenshot.

It's there on an older system

Last edited:

Shaun

Founder
Could you please try closing your browser app (fully, so the process is killed on the phone), clearing your browser cache in the app settings, then open the browser to CC and retry posting with javascipt turned on.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
No change.

Wait and see if anyone else reports the same problem. Not the best way to start the New Year, for you.

Last edited:

Shaun

Founder
Do you have an alternative browser app installed that you could try it on? Firefox, Opera, Samsung browser?

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Not on this device, sorry.

cheys03

Veteran
Just to add to the diagnostics….
Works ok with JavaScript enabled on iOS 15.2
779A8B1B-25B4-457C-9641-200F65F7735F.jpeg

But menu is missing with JavaScript disabled (intentional?)

CF880FCB-AF4E-4C19-B9E7-B8C4857DEB58.jpeg

D

Deleted member 1258

I have the problem on a desktop running Xubuntu long term release and the Brave browser plus a Android phone, Nokia and a tablet, Lenovo.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I have tried this using Chrome and installed Opera as an alternative with same results in both. Cleared my browsing history, shutdown phone, restarted, logged in but no change.

Posting from my phone now most of the text editor tool bar is hidden unless I press the three little dots to the right of the image icon. Crucially the gear wheel is missing both on my phone and laptop which means I'm stuck in the mode with the orangey-brown background.

Also have a selection of smilies in the bottom of the text window which are usually all on the bar below. As per the screenshots posted up thread.

I don't know how or where to switch JavaScript on/off. Screenshot below is from my phone using Android and Chrome.

The Preview button is missing and the site is slow on both phone and laptop.

Good Luck!

Top Bottom