Reply missing and toolbar non functioning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
Darius, please try opening an incognito tab in Chrome on your Android device and logging in to CC to see if the editor works? If so, Chrome's cache hasn't fully cleared.

If not, could you please try an alternative browser, even if you just download and install it to test - and let me know the outcome.

Thanks, Shaun
I've no idea what an incognito tab is. I make no claim to be a geek.
I have completely removed the forum from here and expunged all traces of it. Closed down and restarted. Cache cleared again. History cleared again.
I started again from scratch and this post will show that it works...or not.
Why do "upgrades" always go wrong?
Why is the end user always blamed?

The next time I visit the site the reply button has disappeared again. I have a permanent banner inviting me to install the app. Doesn't do anything. Can't click on it. Can't install. Can't dismiss. Can't close it.
It just sits there blocking the screen.
I've had to do a screen shot, mail it to myself, open up PC and then post from there.

This is worse than NHS.

D

Deleted member 1258

CC is working as it should here, I've even worked out how the pictures work, its the same on my android phone and tablet, though the layout is unfamiliar. A question for @Shaun is there a CC app in the play store now?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to clear the cache too in order to reply on my android phone. Still it did buy me more time from not posting here.

Worked yesterday but now the reply button has gone again today. I cba clearing my cache every day so I guess I'll just stop using the forum unless the laptop is out.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I had the missing reply problem (but only on the NACA sub-domain) which cleared after following the suggestion to clear my cookies. However, I still don’t have the ‘preview’ button on either section of the forum. I’m using Safari on an iPad.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
I've no idea what an incognito tab is. I make no claim to be a geek.
I have completely removed the forum from here and expunged all traces of it. Closed down and restarted. Cache cleared again. History cleared again.
I started again from scratch and this post will show that it works...or not.
Why do "upgrades" always go wrong?
Why is the end user always blamed?
When you go to open a new tab, there should be the option given to open an incognito tab as an option.
1641312547518.png

Your current browsing history is unaffected. but on closure all cookies and files used by the sites visited, should be cleared from your handset.

Last edited:
When you go to open a new tab, there should be the option given to open an incognito tab as an option.
View attachment 624995
Your current browsing history is unaffected. but on closure all cookies and files used by the sites visited, should be cleared from your handset.
Thanks. On this Samsung its called Secret Mode. I'm using it now and the reply button is showing. What will happen next is anybody's guess.

Shouldnt have to do this. The upgrade has been ****ed up!

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks. On this Samsung its called Secret Mode. I'm using it now and the reply button is showing. What will happen next is anybody's guess.

Shouldnt have to do this. The upgrade has been ****ed up!
Clearing out the cookies used by this site got the problem sorted for me. As folk are saying, the reply box is different to before.
Not the first time it's changed either.

If you're logging in each time, does it matter which you use, ordinary or secret mode.

I tend not to log in unless I need to post.
In secret mode I stay logged in. In ordinary mode I can stay logged out.
Far from ideal but I guess this is as good as it will ever be.

Only real problem is that predictive text has disappeared in secret mode. I miss that!

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Hello, sorry to trouble you but I have suddenly lost my 'Post button? It was fine this morning. Is the system or the operator wonky. Thank you.

User state: Valid

No matching spam trigger logs were found.

@Darius_Jedburgh
I had a Samsung tablet and it was the most perverse, contrary and downright antagonising thing to do basic maintenance on such as clearing cookies/cache etc. Never had the same problems with various other android devices.

Since you can use the site in secret mode (see? Everyone else uses incognito - Samsung have to be different!) it points to the problem being that the cache has not been cleared fully.

I'd suggest googling "how to clear the cache on Samsung" + your device name. There should be lots of articles and even videos. That's what I used to do.

Good luck

Thanks@HobbesOnTour
Secret mode won't auto select you when i start typing your name. No spell check. Its a pia.
System worked until the upfrade. No vhange made here ergo its the upfrade that wrong.
Cant see anyone doing anything about it.
Ill stick yo just lurking and cherry pickibg the salw bargains.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks@HobbesOnTour
Secret mode won't auto select you when i start typing your name. No spell check. Its a pia.
System worked until the upfrade. No vhange made here ergo its the upfrade that wrong.
Cant see anyone doing anything about it.
Ill stick yo just lurking and cherry pickibg the salw bargains.
Try clearing the cookies for the site in normal operation. Which is what Secret Mode does, every time you close the tab.
Then log back in as you used to, getting a new set of updated cookies to work with.

Top Bottom