Reply missing and toolbar non functioning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Veteran
I noticed yesterday that i lost my reply button replying on say page 3 of a 5 page thread. It only re-appeared when I moved to the final, most recent page...

I can't replicate though.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
@keithmac @Cycleops

This only happens with naca, not with the main site.
I have found the only way to keep a 'Reply' button on my Samsungshite phone is open 'Incognito' tabs in Chrome. As long as I don't shut the tab the reply button stays put.
Never had to do this chicanery with Apple....

Last edited:

Brandane

Legendary Member
I can't reply on any threads! Good, I hear some of you say :ohmy:.. But I can still post new threads.
Should I be taking this personally, or anyone else having the same problem? Reply to this thread if yes... Oh wait.... :headshake:

Using Samsung android phone if that helps.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Lost reply button on Firefox this afternoon. It worked earlier today. Restarting the browser fixes it for a while.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I think it's an advanced feature that if the forum software judges your reply to be fatuous or unworthy it removes the reply button.

Edit: Well, I think I just proved that theory wrong. ;)

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
i cant reply to CC threads on my phone but I can reply to NACA threads on my phone. I presume they run the same software.

My ipad is unaffected by either. It’s all very odd.

Just to add I had a similar loss of reply button the other night (having cleared cache and cookies previously). I closed Chrome (on android phone), reopened it, navigated to the thread on CC and my post was there including (thankfully) the uploaded pics.

No issues since.

It does seem that something is not quite right.
I'd rather not keep clearing my cache as I depend on the cache for some apps offline.

Top Bottom