Reply missing and toolbar non functioning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
The reply button still keeps disappearing from my browser too. The only way I can restore it is by logging out and then back in.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
I can keep the reply button visible by turning off JavaScript.

Just to add it's still missing.
I've cleared cache, rebooted and nothing.
Interestingly I can start a thread and the "Post Thread" button is visible.
This is using Chrome on a Xiaomi Android phone.

I can use the Xiaomi browser perfectly.
Or incognito mode on Chrome (but that is at a cost of functionality).

Badger_Boom

Über Member
The post reply button has disappeared since yesterday when I use my iPad but is present on my iPhone. Both using Safari.

Update - I’ve just cleared the cache and logged back in and it’s back!

Last edited:
I cant see any icon to post a comment. Has something changed?

User state: Valid

No matching spam trigger logs were found.

yello

It's happening to me now, on my Android tablet and Vivaldi browser. No idea why, but logging out and clearing cache don't fix it.

No idea if it's related but I noticed that the message I type in the reply box (without the reply button!) is in a different font, so something is happening to the properties (or somesuch) of the reply box.

I've switched to my laptop to do this post, I'll reboot my tablet and see if that resolves it.

Edit: I maybe had a reply saved/cached/whatever in the reply window already, not sure. I don't know if that would lead to something funky happening to the reply function.

Last edited:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I can't access the reply button since about 0900 this morning unless I change to a different browser.
Was using DuckDuckGo - but have to use Chrome to access this feature.
Very odd.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I've just cleared my browsing history and the reply button has reappeared (on android phone).
Laptop, using Google Chrome, has not been a problem.

yello

Totally gone on my Vivaldi browser, even after clearing cache, updating the app and rebooting. It's there if I switch to the Opera browser.

I typed this post in Vivaldi, went to this thread in Opera (it showed what I typed in Vivaldi) and hit 'post reply'. Weird huh? Suggests it's maybe an app browser thing.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Sorry Michael, we are on it!
Have you tried clearing your cookies and history?

Last edited:
Top Bottom