Reply missing and toolbar non functioning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I had a Samsung tablet and it was the most perverse, contrary and downright antagonising thing to do basic maintenance on such as clearing cookies/cache etc.
I second this: one of my jobs gave us one, expecting us to work spreadsheets and all with it :laugh:
Imo, that tablet is good just for watching YouTube videos.
@Darius_Jedburgh sorry about your CC troubles, hope it solves itself soon.

I second this: one of my jobs gave us one, expecting us to work spreadsheets and all with it :laugh:
Imo, that tablet is good just for watching YouTube videos.
@Darius_Jedburgh sorry about your CC troubles, hope it solves itself soon.
In fairness, mine was good for Duolingo!^_^
And Netflix^_^

It was a nightmare for anything out of the normal - setting up a VPN, clearing cache, file management. Using a photo app other than the Samsung one was a nightmare. All things easily done across several phones.
A deserving kid got mine and even doing a factory reset was a chore and a half involving logging into a Samsung account I'd forgotten I had. I'll never but Samsung again.

Darius, I think your anger is misplaced and the problem would appear to be in your cache/cookies. I'm sure if you can find instructions to clear them then normal service will resume.
Updates unfortunately are a necessary part of life. I've seen much worse ones done.

keithmac

Guru
It's broken on my Galaxy S20 as well, cleared cache etc.

"Post Reply" button doesn't exist.

All other websites work as expected.

Chislenko

Veteran
The more I see of Samsung devices the more I dislike them. My other half has a Samsung Tablet and it is very restrictive on what programmes it will allow you put on it.

keithmac

Guru
If you have up to date Android you should be able to install anything from Google Play Store.

I've had Samsung Phones since their S5 and been happy with all of them.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The main problems with Samsung are the pre installed bloat ware and the interface they lay on top of Android. That and the price. They do make some decent phones, my wife won’t have anything else.

I wonder if I can make a suggestion....

There's a "-" sign directly under the i button (italics) that deletes the highlighted text.
The "undo" button is hidden away under the 3 dots menu.

Any chance they could be reversed? My fingers seem to be getting fat and clumsy and I keep deleting stuff😊

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Oddly enough I tried to reply to a thread on my phone yesterday and there was no reply button. It's there now. I'm pretty sure it was also there before.:wacko:
I'm on Android 11, using Chrome on a Moto g9 plus.

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
Oddly enough I tried to reply to a thread on my phone yesterday and there was no reply button. It's there now. I'm pretty sure it was also there before.:wacko:
I'm on Android 11, using Chrome on a Moto g9 plus.
Same thing happened to me last night but when I came out the thread and went back in, it returned to normal.

PaulSB

Legendary Member

There's a "-" sign directly under the i button (italics) that deletes the highlighted text.

Any chance they could be reversed? My fingers seem to be getting fat and clumsy and I keep deleting stuff😊
Ah, that's what's happening. Thanks!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman

That "-" sign is an "insert a horizontal line" option, on my laptop and on my samsung phone too.
You say it deletes the highlighted text?
On my phone, the only way I can delete text, apart from backspacing or the undo arrow, is to select the text then a pop up ask if you want to cut, copy or paste.
We'll ask @Shaun in any case ^_^

That "-" sign is an "insert a horizontal line" option, on my laptop and on my samsung phone too.
You say it deletes the highlighted text?
On my phone, the only way I can delete text, apart from backspacing or the undo arrow, is to select the text then a pop up ask if you want to cut, copy or paste.
We'll ask @Shaun in any case ^_^
Thanks, Pat.
It could well be inserting a horizontal line - but it inserts it where my text was^_^

If I recall correctly, in the old layout the undo button was about there.

In any case, relocating the undo button would be helpful, if it's possible.
And a slimming plan for my fingers and thumb😊

Top Bottom