Reply missing and toolbar non functioning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
Okay, so it looks like the smiley add-on was responsible for the disappearing reply button. I've added some formatting which seems to have fixed it and switched it on again - hopefully we're back to normal service again now (I've applied it on the politics site too for anyone having the same problem over there). :okay:

Cheers,
Shaun

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Okay, so it looks like the smiley add-on was responsible for the disappearing reply button. I've added some formatting which seems to have fixed it and switched it on again - hopefully we're back to normal service again now (I've applied it on the politics site too for anyone having the same problem over there). :okay:

Cheers,
Shaun
Sorry for starting your year with this.

Further problem.
If I click on a link to a photo there is no way to go back to the thread. There is no way to close the photo, and using the back button closes down the app. The thread then has to be found again.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Further problem.
If I click on a link to a photo there is no way to go back to the thread. There is no way to close the photo, and using the back button closes down the app. The thread then has to be found again.
You mean an embedded photo in a post?

If you click on it you should see an enlarged version of the photo and should get a white X on black background up in the top right of the screen to take you back to the post. Back button takes you back to wherever you were before you entered the thread.

Top right should look like this.

1643029256774.png

If you aren't seeing the white x, then that's not much help. Or maybe I've completely misunderstood

Last edited:
That line of tools doesn't appear. It did before the up date, but doesn't now.
Yes, I would normally click the white cross and that would close the picture and send me back to the thread.
Now the only way to close the photo is to hit the back button, and as said - that closes everything down.
Here's a screenshot and if I click on the "View attachment 628005" on my PC the picture opens up in a new tab; no problem.
On the app the pic opens up but not in a new tab - it overides the thread, and there is no way to go backwards.
Seems to happen when I click on a link inside a quote. Yes, I could trawl backwards to find the original post, but that never used to be the case.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Ah ha, you are using a phone. Not sure by what you mean by "the app". I didn't know there was a CC app.

Just for reference I just used my phone navigated to the post above and clicked on "view attachment 628005". It opened up the picture with a black background (no controls showing). If I swiped "back" (finger going right to left) it took me back to the thread.

For reference my phone is a Moto g9 plus, running Android 11 accessing CC using Chrome

Hope that helps. It probably doesn't :blush:

Last edited:
I didn't know there was a CC app.
The app suddenly appeared after the famous update. I was almost forced into downloading it. A big banner in front of the browser page that just kept appearing, so I gave in and downloaded it. Don't know how many others are using it. It doesn't appear in Playstore, or at least I couldn't find it. Thought I'd go all modern and stop using the browser.
I'm on PC now and as mentioned no problems.
Maybe it's something in the app.
Wouldn't surprise me - all the recent problems were user problems...until they weren't!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
It never offered me an app. Maybe it's an apple thing. If it does I'll be sure to refuse ;)

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I have the App on Android here. I downloaded it but mainly use the 'normal' Web browser version.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
The app suddenly appeared after the famous update. I was almost forced into downloading it. A big banner in front of the browser page that just kept appearing, so I gave in and downloaded it. Don't know how many others are using it. It doesn't appear in Playstore, or at least I couldn't find it. Thought I'd go all modern and stop using the browser.
I'm on PC now and as mentioned no problems.
Maybe it's something in the app.
Wouldn't surprise me - all the recent problems were user problems...until they weren't!
@Shaun does CC have an app?

Top Bottom