Reply missing and toolbar non functioning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is this possibly a problem somewhere betwen certain users and the CC servers? It does seem weird that whatever I do, I don't have this problem, on any device at all. Others have it universally. Something that some ISPs do?

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Having checked, I noticed that "Permissions" hasn't reloaded as a seperate item, for site data.

Said more as a thought on whether it's connected to the reply button going missing.

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Sorry for the random post, was checking with Firefox on Samsung mobile.
There was no reply button. I logged out, back in, the button appeared.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Is this possibly a problem somewhere betwen certain users and the CC servers? It does seem weird that whatever I do, I don't have this problem, on any device at all. Others have it universally. Something that some ISPs do?
Oddly it happened for me just one time. And has not recurred since, despite me not clearing cache or anything like thats

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Samsung Internet = No Reply button

Google Chrome = Reply button

Don't know what conclusions can be drawn from this
I've got a reply button on Samsung Internet browser. It was virgin to cycle chat, never used it before.
The conclusion, imo, is that you need to clear you cache.

Chislenko

Veteran
Starting to be concerned that this issue could do big damage to the amount of visitors to the site.

Just had to clear down again to restore the Post Reply button and don't think I can be bothered doing it much more. After clearing down I have to re login to all my chosen forums on the particular browser and after doing so many times beginning to question if it is worth bothering.

Really hope the issue can be sorted or I can see a lot of folk becoming "Read Only" or giving up.

It's a shame as there are some enjoyable sections to read and very useful for the For Sale / Wanted sections.

I think a lot of people will remember the update on Bike Radar that saw a lot of people leave that forum and migrate here, now there are just a few die hards on there basically talking to each other, one would hope that situation doesn't arise here.

Best of luck with finding a fix.

Last edited:
Just had to clear down again to restore the Post Reply button and don't think I can be bothered doing it much more. After clearing down I have to re login to all my chosen forums on the particular browser and after doing so many times beginning to question if it is worth bothering.
Perhaps you can look at the info Shaun posted below for your setup?
I can now clear the data for CC only.
It's still inconvenient* but at least it doesn't affect any other site or app.

* I am still losing the reply button randomly. Am I right in understanding that this can only happen for 30 days or so (as per @Shaun 's earlier post) or does that 30 days reset every time data is cleared?

Sorry to disappoint you @HobbesOnTour.
It isn't working.
If you overstated my anger previously you're definitely overstating my disappointment now^_^

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Starting to be concerned that this issue could do big damage to the amount of visitors to the site.

Really hope the issue can be sorted or I can see a lot of folk becoming "Read Only" or giving up.

It's a shame as there are some enjoyable sections to read and very useful for the For Sale / Wanted sections.

I think a lot of people will remember the update on Bike Radar that saw a lot of people leave that forum and migrate here, now there are just a few die hards on there basically talking to each other, one would hope that situation doesn't arise here.

Best of luck with finding a fix.
That wasn't just an update, it was the merging of two sites that caused that.

Shaun

Founder
I appreciate how frustrating this is and am working to try and fix it; it's just complicated, there are a lot of components.

One of the next things I want to try is disabling any add-ons that modify the editor code.

The one that has the most impact is the smiley toolbar. I've temporarily disabled it. Can anyone who has had the missing reply button problem please reload the page and try the editor now. Is the reply button back? Does it stay around? @rogerzilla @MrGrumpy @Grant Fondo @CEBEP @Brandane @Darius_Jedburgh @HLaB @bkulacs0410 @nickyboy @Dirk @Milzy @Chislenko @HobbesOnTour

Thanks,
Shaun

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
This as it should be?

Can anyone who has had the missing reply button problem please reload the page and try the editor now. Is the reply button back? Does it stay around?
I just did that and the button is here but.....
It has been here all day.
It was here all day yesterday.
But the day before I had to clear the CC data before it appeared.

It comes and goes which is where the frustration lies for you as well as us.

Chislenko

Veteran
I appreciate how frustrating this is and am working to try and fix it; it's just complicated, there are a lot of components.

One of the next things I want to try is disabling any add-ons that modify the editor code.

The one that has the most impact is the smiley toolbar. I've temporarily disabled it. Can anyone who has had the missing reply button problem please reload the page and try the editor now. Is the reply button back? Does it stay around? @rogerzilla @MrGrumpy @Grant Fondo @CEBEP @Brandane @Darius_Jedburgh @HLaB @bkulacs0410 @nickyboy @Dirk @Milzy @Chislenko @HobbesOnTour

Thanks,
Shaun

Mine is already back Shaun as I did the clearing exercise yesterday. Will monitor to see if it stays around.

Top Bottom