Reply missing and toolbar non functioning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just got an hour in before 'post reply' vanished again, that was quick.

bkulacs0410

Hi there. I’ve posted a new thread and I received an answer, but when I press reply and write my message there is jo button to send the reply. How can I reply to the person that answered my thread please?

User state: Valid

No matching spam trigger logs were found.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Just did it again. Needed a full clear of cache AND browsing history this time. Is there any way to regress the software change that caused it?

Shaun

Founder
The software developer has checked everything over and can't find anything specific that could be causing the issue with the reply button going missing, and since it is happening on the default theme too, I've now disabled it and made the CycleChat theme the default again.

I've turned off minification of javascript on the server edge-cache and completely emptied it - in case it's screwing up the new editor files; please try clearing your browser cache and cyclechat-specific site files and see if it fixes the problem?

If not, could you please post a screen-shot of what the editor looks like when the button/s go missing.

Thanks,
Shaun

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Firefox mobile doesn't allow site-specific clearance of cookies and cache, so it messes up a lot of other websites every time.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Screenshot of the area in question.

The same on the NCAP site.
A one time clearance of the site cookies. Browser history remains untouched.

Sorry for any problems caused.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Firefox mobile doesn't allow site-specific clearance of cookies and cache, so it messes up a lot of other websites every time.
The software developer has checked everything over and can't find anything specific that could be causing the issue with the reply button going missing, and since it is happening on the default theme too, I've now disabled it and made the CycleChat theme the default again.

I've turned off minification of javascript on the server edge-cache and completely emptied it - in case it's screwing up the new editor files; please try clearing your browser cache and cyclechat-specific site files and see if it fixes the problem?

If not, could you please post a screen-shot of what the editor looks like when the button/s go missing.

Thanks,
Shaun
Cleared the cache on my Samsung phone and restarted it, using Samsung Internet browser. Still no reply button. Looks like this. So you can input text in normal way but no Reply button

Screenshot_20220119-114709_Samsung Internet.jpg

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Cleared the cache on my Samsung phone and restarted it, using Samsung Internet browser. Still no reply button. Looks like this. So you can input text in normal way but no Reply button

View attachment 627273
You seem to have what I had I the first post, have you tried Shaun's suggestion of tapping the "preview button" on the top left.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
My reply button has suddenly disappeared on the app. It's not available on Chrome or DuckDuckGo either.
I can get it to work on CM browser, where it previously disappeared suddenly.
This is so damned frustrating having to hop around several different browsers to reply to anything.

Top Bottom