Rescued from skip.. Moulton :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
bonk man

bonk man

Now uploaded, slightly amusing pic of Moulton getting thrashed on the Boxing Day 10..... 2 miles in and already about to get caught for a minute:biggrin:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67774599@N00/3182776855/

EYE-TYE-MAD

Excellent find at the local recycle centre, I was chucking some bent frames in the metal skip and spotted a Moulton Standard buried under an old radiator and rusty car wheels, the skip master dragged it out, a bit rusty but straight and the wheels go round plus the Sturmey seems ok.
Will blow the tyres up tomorrow, set up the 4 speed and go for a pedal:biggrin:..
what a treat:tongue:
Is it only me that thinks a skip is the rightful place for a Moulton???

Norm

I doubt it!...
Not looking good for you so far.

EYE-TYE-MAD

Yes, why would anyone want a beautifully crafted, fast-accelerating, comfortable bicycle?
Let's be completely candid, when the mad doctor first unveiled this ingenious device set to revolutionize the cycling world, his only achievement at best, was to produce a solution in search of a problem. Despite the fact that the rest of the cycling industry chose not to follow the principle of this ill conceived piece of nonsense, the Don Quixote of an invention pressed on regardless. Further, Just because the eccentrically minded may think that a Moulton is some how cool & progressive, I'm afraid the rest of us, not on the waiting list for a lobotomy, have yet to be convinced. I believe that Moulton have now been soaked up by those masters of innovation, Pashley, a marriage made in heaven!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Let's be completely candid, when the mad doctor first unveiled this ingenious device set to revolutionize the cycling world, his only achievement at best, was to produce a solution in search of a problem. Despite the fact that the rest of the cycling industry chose not to follow the principle of this ill conceived piece of nonsense, the Don Quixote of an invention pressed on regardless. Further, Just because the eccentrically minded may think that a Moulton is some how cool & progressive, I'm afraid the rest of us, not on the waiting list for a lobotomy, have yet to be convinced. I believe that Moulton have now been soaked up by those masters of innovation, Pashley, a marriage made in heaven!

Libelling Alex Moulton doesn't exactly strengthen your (non-existent) argument.

Who died and left you in charge of deciding which wheel size is cool or not?

Brompton, Dahon, Airnimal, Bernds, Bike Friday, not to mention millions of Raleigh Shopper/20/Stowaways and Euro 'Klaprads'. All of which do a perfectly good job of being bicycles.

Soaked up by? No, Pashley made/make some models under licence.

You Sir, are a snob.

Top Bottom