Resting Heart Rate Poll

What is your resting heart rate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It will be a very long time before I feel ready to risk making a maximal effort again, assuming that I get well enough to even contemplate it!

I used to feel bomb-proof. I knew that I wasn't very fit, but I was strong enough to take massive amounts of punishment so I had a go at anything that took my fancy. I'll just have to be more sensible in future ...

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I don't believe I have a resting heart rate, because my heart doesn't rest. I suspect if it did, then what occurred next would be problematic.

Actually, someone checked my heart rate several months ago, and then asked me if I do triathlons, so I guess it must be reasonably low. Gotta love the effect cycling has.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
After pushing myself up a little hill really hard, I stopped at the top and counted my HR. It came to 180 bpm although I was stopped and the rate went down over 1 minute.
I will definately look at getting a HRM though as it would be interesting to know what my true max is.

62bpm at the moment. at the end of a fast day, with stress and hardly any exercise lately, and a doctor telling me my blood pressure is on the high side.
New mountain bike and maybe road bike if the house sale goes through :scratch: , and lots of lovely Peak District miles ahead. That'll bring it down ^_^

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
After pushing myself up a little hill really hard, I stopped at the top and counted my HR. It came to 180 bpm although I was stopped and the rate went down over 1 minute.
I will definately look at getting a HRM though as it would be interesting to know what my true max is.

The only way to find that out good sir is to have a self induced cardiac arrest.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
It will be a very long time before I feel ready to risk making a maximal effort again, assuming that I get well enough to even contemplate it!

I used to feel bomb-proof. I knew that I wasn't very fit, but I was strong enough to take massive amounts of punishment so I had a go at anything that took my fancy. I'll just have to be more sensible in future ...

Check out the maffetone way of training, no need to max out to get fit.

http://philmaffetone.com/180formula.cfm

I recently had a health assesment at work. My resting HR was 48 at which the nurse expressed some surprise. She was even more surprised when after the 5 minutes of stepping on and off a stepper it had gone up to 62.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A little story...

Out training with a club mate. He was faster than me. Practicing for a two up TT. Rolled onto a local dual carriageway and up went the speed. When I saw 205 being hit on my HRM whilst on his tail I though 'I'm not going to last long like this'. Boosh, I was off the back. Maxed out !

ushills

Veteran
Resting is like a clock 60bpm when seated, 52 when lying in bed, 145 to 154 when cycling with cadence around 90rpm. Max ever with hrm 202 during a spinning class.

Top Bottom