Restrictions on cyclists now being discussed at Ministerial level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I don't know if this is serious enough to warrant posting in the news and current affairs thread but it certainly bothered me enough to bring attention to it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-registration-numbers-insurance.html#comments

I despise the Heil but the old adage of you should keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer - so you know what the buggers are up to, is more relevant than ever so I was particularly concerned about this.

This cycling-hating rag is claiming ministers are looking at ways to restrict our freedoms and introduce speed limits on bikes. In order to persecute - and prosecute - the miscreants, bikes will need a form of ID so they can receive appropriate punishment. That ID is to be a visible registration number. This is being discussed by Grant Shapps at the department of Transport. Doubtless to give his tory acolytes something to cheer.

The Guardian think it's worth noting as well. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-for-cyclists-on-table-in-review-of-road-laws

alicat

Legendary Member
Thread closure in 3....2....1.....

Joffey

Big Dosser
It was a bad news day for Truss and the current Government, what with the Cost of Living and inflations predicted to rise to over 10%. So The Mail can't report on that, so they go for the cyclists again.

I don't believe a word. It is just deflection and the stoking up of culture wars. It will never happen. And these ministers might not even be around in a month.

markemark

Über Member
It’s an interview from Shapps to the DM telling them what they wanted to hear from a man who’ll be out of a job as the transport secretary in a couple of weeks.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
It’s an interview from Shapps to the DM telling them what they wanted to hear from a man who’ll be out of a job as the transport secretary in a couple of weeks.

But, apparently, he's going to forward the idea to the new Transport Minister who will hopefully kick it into the long grass.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
Well it's made the Guardian and was/is on the headlines on GMTV so it's too big to ignore now.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Unreal. Speed breaking, red light jumping ?? !!!!
1660719946825.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom