Returning a jacket - But already worn before I recieved it.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
So, I decided to treat myself to a nice jacket. A major retailor is selling the Assos Habu for £190, down from £250. Expensive, but I will get a good few years out of it so should be worth it in the long run.

It turned up today, obviously it has been worn, probably a few times as it is covered in lint, smells of deodorant spray (possibly to cover up the smell of sweat) and worse of all it has some brown stains on the inside is the lining.

I looked at the stores return form and it says all goods must be in as new condition for a return. Obviously, this garment wont be. I have emailed them asking what to do and to let them know its been used and that Im not happy, but the pessimist in me says this could be the start of a long returns process.

Anyone had anything like this before, how did it turn out?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
it's simple. Phone them up and explain the situation. Any good company worth their salt will exchange for a new one without any quibble.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I'd call them and explain and also insist on them covering the return postage. I had a similar situation with a stem, had clearly been used and even had one mismatched bolt on the faceplate. I ended up with a gift voucher on top of replacement and postage costs.

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
I hope it is not Chain Reaction, I just received some bib tights not in original packaging and with no labels, the ones you remove before using.

[SHIVER...] A jacket's one thing, but used tights..

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

I also got some assos bibs too. i havent had chance to inspect them yet. they are wrapped in the original box and look unused, but any brown marks on those...

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

Just to update...

The store was evans cycles. I took it back to the birmingham store who did a refund to the card I paid with.

I also returned a pair of LL607 bibs that I brought at the same time that turned out to be too small.

Once the card was refunded I walked a few shops up and got the same jacket for nearly the same price, but in a size down. It cost £10 more but they thew in a £10 voucher. They also said Evens were being naughty selling Assos at a discount.

Im going to use Evens to get a replacement pair of bibs in a size up.

All in all, happy with the experience although it would have been nice to get it right in the first place.

Top Bottom