Returning commuter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SurlyNomad

Well, as a returning commuter ive just done 3 days this last week, Mon,Wed, and Fri. 90 miles in total. I used to do this months ago until i went on holiday in May and started to get comfortable and then got out of it. Still kept up to the banter on here though. Anyway heres looking at another 3 days next week and who knows maybe 4 the week after. :biggrin:

Dan_h

Good Work
thumbsup.png
It will be every day by Christmas then?
biggrin.gif

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
Your commute seems a similar distance to mine. I've gone from thinking it was impossible to managing 3-4 times per week. Hope you manage to keep it up over the winter. The dark mornings are a challenge for me, but still persisting.

:smile:

OP
OP
S

SurlyNomad

Cheers guys, think the only thing from stopping me this time is snow. The cold, rain and early mornings dont worry me. It is hard returning after a few months layoff and i think the thing thats keeping me on track is the expanding waistline. Its good at work when people are just in awe that i cycle 15 miles each way and do a full day in between and it realy does make you feel good when they ask questions. I am by no means a top athlete. Im just an ordinary bloke at 42 years, 5'10" and 15 stone! so if there are any newbies reading this YES! it can be done!

Martinm

Regular
Im just an ordinary bloke at 42 years, 5'10" and 15 stone! so if there are any newbies reading this YES! it can be done!

I've just bought a bike to commute to university, appox. 5 miles each way, and at 42 years old, 15 stones and 5' 11" (only an inch in it :biggrin:) reading things like this are an inspiration to people like me.

I live just along the road from the park and ride which takes me straight to campus which will still be the way to go if we get snow again this year :whistle:.

Thanks very much for posting this.

Martin

Top Bottom