Reversing battery polarity.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
This quite simply just recharges the batteries..

Sometimes i think the education system in this country really has failed multiple generations...
Right im off to wash my cycle gear, then dry them in the oven, it clearly states do not tumble... ;)

Which begs the question, if wr
It will all end in tears. Essentially, bulbs work by sucking the dark in, so if you run them backwards they squirt the dark back out.
This theory has yet to gain universal acceptance, it's fair to say.

You may be safer reversing polarity if you test it first in a photographic darkroom. These are specially designed to stop dark leaking out.

gbb

Legendary Member
This always prompts a long standing thing I cant get my head around.
Turn off a ligh source, any lightsource...the light goes out almost instantaniously.

Then why can we see stars that died billions of years ago ?
(I kinda know really, but cant get my head around it)

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
This quite simply just recharges the batteries..

Sometimes i think the education system in this country really has failed multiple generations...
Right im off to wash my cycle gear, then dry them in the oven, it clearly states do not tumble... ;)

That just means "Don't fall over, you'll hurt yourself".

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
This always prompts a long standing thing I cant get my head around.
Turn off a ligh source, any lightsource...the light goes out almost instantaniously.

Then why can we see stars that died billions of years ago ?
(I kinda know really, but cant get my head around it)

You could see a light go out a second after you've turned it off, if you were 186 000 miles away from it.
Or a (slightly) more helpful answer, after you turn the shower off there's still water falling on you for a bit.
Light goes a lot faster than water [citation needed].

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Your bulb/LED's will end up looking something like this, in no time.
View attachment 472934

It will all end in tears. Essentially, bulbs work by sucking the dark in, so if you run them backwards they squirt the dark back out.
This theory has yet to gain universal acceptance, it's fair to say.

Bulbs! Thought it was all LED's nowadays?

It will, for certain, have absolutely no effect on your bulbs. They will continue to grow and delight with things like tulips and crocus etc, provided you feed them water and mud.

Lamps, on the other hand, may underheat and produce an excess of photons. Useful for torpedos and possibly warp cores, but likely to create havoc with your bottom bracket.

Top Bottom