RGT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barbes66

Über Member
I'm going to struggle with Friday evenings in spring/summer I think @keithaitch . It seemed like a good idea at the time but always seem to be out Out now we can or on the bike IRL. I'll definitely be back on RGT in the autumn though - this group has been a motivational lifesaver this winter season.

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
I'm going to struggle with Friday evenings in spring/summer I think @keithaitch . It seemed like a good idea at the time but always seem to be out Out now we can or on the bike IRL. I'll definitely be back on RGT in the autumn though - this group has been a motivational lifesaver this winter season.
Great to hear Craig abd totally understandable that you are getting it more, when you can. S you on RGT in September! Take care and have a great summer, in think it will be a couple of days in July due you, if you're lucky.

Barbes66

Über Member
Great to hear Craig abd totally understandable that you are getting it more, when you can. S you on RGT in September! Take care and have a great summer, in think it will be a couple of days in July due you, if you're lucky.
Cheers @keithaitch you too. As long as summer wasn't last week I don't mind too much and fingers crossed might be in Andalucia in September maybe even on a bike!

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
tonight's TT profile

AndyMacca

tonight's TT profile
Just to get my excuses in early I twinged my left knee on my Tuesday ride, been nursing it for a couple of days, tried it out on Cap yesterday morning and it was still niggly, hopefully it'll be fine tonight. For some bizarre sub-conscious reason I cycled with a super low cadence even during uphill pushes one of them under 60rpm and my ride average was 69 when I prefer to be around 90 indoors. So I've now added cadence to my head unit data screen and will try not to do that again. Schoolboy error, my outside rides are still amateur!:B)
Course looks good, I can see some strong averages being set tonight.

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
Just to get my excuses in early I twinged my left knee on my Tuesday ride, been nursing it for a couple of days, tried it out on Cap yesterday morning and it was still niggly, hopefully it'll be fine tonight. For some bizarre sub-conscious reason I cycled with a super low cadence even during uphill pushes one of them under 60rpm and my ride average was 69 when I prefer to be around 90 indoors. So I've now added cadence to my head unit data screen and will try not to do that again. Schoolboy error, my outside rides are still amateur!:B)
Course looks good, I can see some strong averages being set tonight.
Hope the knee is OK tonight. Yes cadence is a strange beast. I average mid 60's and have the opposite problem, i get pains if i try spinning at anything over 90. I guess the lesson is find what works for you and stick with it!

AndyMacca

Hope the knee is OK tonight. Yes cadence is a strange beast. I average mid 60's and have the opposite problem, i get pains if i try spinning at anything over 90. I guess the lesson is find what works for you and stick with it!
Sorry guys, it was hopeless rolled to a stop before I completely ruined it. I think it needs a decent rest.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Sorry guys, it was hopeless rolled to a stop before I completely ruined it. I think it needs a decent rest.
sorry to hear that mate , rest up then take my place getting hammered by keith

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
How'd you guys get on tonight?
@berty bassett and I had a nice little battle in the old folks category which I won, but somehow he's still at the top of the series leader board and I'm second. @AndyMacca has a touch of knee knack and quickly realised that discretion was the right option and had to stop hopefully he will have recovered and everybody will be available for next weeks scratch race over a lumpy course which suits us guys down to the ground. We still sit second in the team table. Here's the code for next week's event. http://app.rgtcycling.com/event?code=wLsy4FGEMu

Top Bottom