Ribble R872 (Stealth 2012) **REVIEW**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leodis

Veteran
2exa1pe.jpg

Will get some better pictures at the weekend whilst out and about.

OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran
Very nice. Splash a little colour in there. I had thought about doing the same with White but in the end decided i wanted to have a Stealth bomber! :biggrin:

How are you finding it? I had started to get a few creaks but sorted that by tightening the headset and seat post. Both had very slightly settled and loosened a notch.

Leodis

Veteran
Just popped around the estate so not much really, the rear brake cable was catching as they left it a little long but some cable tie sorted that. It just feels sooo good, can't wait for the weekend to take it out on a full spin

Leodis

Veteran
i've ordered one that looks remarkably similar to leodis; campag centaur red/black and campag vento reaction wheels. i've kept to slightly less red though; black bar tape and only a splash of red in the tyre walls. red keo classis pedals though…

can't wait!

They are wonderful bikes, did my first 30 miler on Sunday and with an energy gel inside me did the last 8 like Wiggins lol.

r872-Craig

Regular
Hi, new r872 owner here only had it delivered last week. Could anyone tell me should there be a guide straw for the rear brake cable as I can hear mine rubbing in the top tube? They have the guide straws for the gears.
Thanks in advance

OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran
Hi, new r872 owner here only had it delivered last week. Could anyone tell me should there be a guide straw for the rear brake cable as I can hear mine rubbing in the top tube? They have the guide straws for the gears.
Thanks in advance
When i built mine there was a guide pre fitted to the frame.

r872-Craig

Regular
Right ok. Have spoke to Ribble and it sounds like mine has not been used. They are sending me one out. I take it your back brake is smooth and you have no rubbing?

OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran
Right ok. Have spoke to Ribble and it sounds like mine has not been used. They are sending me one out. I take it your back brake is smooth and you have no rubbing?
Yeh everything is fine. Do you mean rubbing inside the frame?

If there isn't one installed then i do wonder how they got the brake cable through? They would have to unscrew the finish cap on either side (where the ferule meets) and fish the cable through - full well in the knowledge that there is no guide installed. Not clever.

Will just be a case of pulling the cable back through and installing the sleeve.

Hope it all goes smooth. :thumbsup:

r872-Craig

Regular
Yes can hear it rubbing inside the top tube.
Apparently there is a channel inside the frame and the straw runs inside that then the cable inside the straw. Not sure what you mean about the finish cap as these are only on the gear cables.

OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran
Yes can hear it rubbing inside the top tube.
Apparently there is a channel inside the frame and the straw runs inside that then the cable inside the straw. Not sure what you mean about the finish cap as these are only on the gear cables.

Ah okay, i don't have the bike to hand but i gather the brake cable housing (frame) is just a formed entry and exit hole. Think i remember now.
I actually got the feeling that it was a pre formed sleeve in the top tube but can't be sure. It was, at the very least, a removable sleeve - or straw sleeve.

r872-Craig

Regular
Ah okay, i don't have the bike to hand but i gather the brake cable housing (frame) is just a formed entry and exit hole. Think i remember now.
I actually got the feeling that it was a pre formed sleeve in the top tube but can't be sure. It was, at the very least, a removable sleeve - or straw sleeve.

Straw came this afternoon, fitted it and it is now smooth as it should be.
Cant wait to go out on it again as its a bit quicker than my mountain bike! First ride last weekend managed to knock a good 10mins off my regular 1h37 25mile.

Top Bottom