Richard Hammond - Crashing again.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Too much speed. Simples.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Time trial on a closed road... he does need to learn his limits... the other two can't drive either. It's also a prototype car..... so might be dodgy on the handling.

classic33

Leg End Member
Did they evacuate the village?

I would have no more sympathy for anyone racing, but I would assume the other drivers were competent professionals.

(I didn't know it was a race, btw. I didn't click the link because I don't care about anything to do with Top Gear and it's descendants. They do nothing to improve the world)
Do they clear the houses at the sides of roads when there's a rally coming through? Where vehicles are as likely to hit the ditches either side as they are top speed.

Answer: No

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 4838268, member: 45"]The bloke who had just come off nights and was asleep in the house he flew past.[/QUOTE]
Only the one person put the night shift at risk then?

potsy

Rambler
[QUOTE 4838268, member: 45"]The bloke who had just come off nights and was asleep in the house he flew past.[/QUOTE]
You must have Ultra HD to be able to see detail like that!

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Why don't they get him to drive stuff more suited to his ability?

Plenty of top motor racing drivers, rally drivers and motorcylcle racers crash despite their superlative skills. For that matter the same applies to top professional cycle racers. No doubt hammond would have been going a lot slower than a proper rally driver when his skill ran out. No risk to others, closed road, not per se irresponsible but no doubt pushed it a bit too far.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
As a bit of a petrol head and occasional go-karter i would suggest he screwed up long before he even reached the corner he lost it on and was driving way beyond his and the vehicles ability. How he managed to screech the tyres on the right hander just before the left turn is beyond me unless the F/R brake bias was all wrong from the start. I suspect he was braking heavily into the turn with too much rear braking bias.

Last edited:
Top Bottom