Richard Hammond - Crashing again.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

Safety socks, obviously.

Be wary of hammers, too

View: https://youtu.be/6wHhc1tlAps
"get the febreze":laugh:

I could see the point in doing that with an iPhone.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A lot of what they do may be on closed roads for camera. I was on Harris a few years ago when they were testing a mini. I suspected something unusual going on with maniac driving on the Luskentyre road where I was camped. I would not like to have met them on a blind bend.

keithmac

Guru
On Top Gear of old, May had a days tuition with Jackie Stewart; said he could knock 20 seconds off his lap time (think it was a TVR they were driving?).

That was a very entertaining watch!, I think May is a fast driver when needed but much more risk averse than Hamster.

He had a crack at a bit of fun, in a ridiculously expensive car that somebody else paid for. Wouldn't you have done the same?

The trouble with Top Gear (and it looks as if it still is), was that someone else picks up the bill.

It was well known in the Motor Trade that if you were on the list for a test drive after Top Gear then there was no point as they would have trashed the car

The classic case of the total disregard for either vehicles or individuals was the a programme on the Le Mans race. A gentleman contacted them to say that it was the 50th Anniversary of his father winning the race and he still had the car, one of three Jaguar C type racing cars in existence and over a million pounds in value

The TG team then stripped the tyres, burnt out the gearbox and damaged the drive shaft doing "donuts" and wheel spins

It was claimed that this was was an appropriate and legitimate test for a vintage car

Drago

Legendary Member
Every few hours someone on CC mentions something that captures my imagination, and my avatar changes.

TG do have a well documented history of damaging cars lent to them. Its not so bad for manufacturers, who get paid back in publicity many times over, but many private owners have been left upset by TG not being respectful with their property.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
The trouble with Top Gear (and it looks as if it still is), was that someone else picks up the bill.

It was well known in the Motor Trade that if you were on the list for a test drive after Top Gear then there was no point as they would have trashed the car

The classic case of the total disregard for either vehicles or individuals was the a programme on the Le Mans race. A gentleman contacted them to say that it was the 50th Anniversary of his father winning the race and he still had the car, one of three Jaguar C type racing cars in existence and over a million pounds in value

They then stripped the tyres, burnt out the gearbox and damaged the drive shaft doing "donuts" and wheel spins

It was claimed that this was was an appropriate and legitimate test for a vintage car
I handed my child to Herod Childminding Inc a few weeks ago and was most surprised at their lack of care :laugh:

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Did they evacuate the village?

I would have no more sympathy for anyone racing, but I would assume the other drivers were competent professionals.

(I didn't know it was a race, btw. I didn't click the link because I don't care about anything to do with Top Gear and it's descendants. They do nothing to improve the world)

Desperate internet poster quote of the day

midlife

Guru
He had obviously forgotten to put on his favourite t-shirt

drivinggod.jpg

Top Bottom