Richard Hammond - Crashing again.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
What, crashed?
Within about twenty metres of the start probably. But think of the thrill of it.

Drago

Legendary Member
Indeed. The thrill of losing control of a food mixer power by batteries from a TV remote must be jolly exhilarating.

I read his biography (its crap, don't buy it) and he started out crashing bicycles from a young age, and never really progressed his skill set beyond that.

classic33

Leg End Member
I think people like Hammond encourage the idiots out there to attempt similar stupid acts. No wonder we have so many boy(and older)racers putting other road users(thinking of us cyclists:hugs:)in danger.
Lets stop all motor racing on that basis.

I don't drive, but have sat in the second seat of a rally car, with full trust in the driver. I've no intention of trying to copy his driving. Which is what many of the "boy racers" seem to want to repeat, what they've seen someone else do.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Glad he is ok, quite like Hammond, seems not as nobberish as May and Clarkson.
The funny thing is that Clarkson is actually a very good driver but never pushes it too far.

May is quite sensible and never takes an unnecessary risk.

Hammond is the most reckless and seems to end up paying for it. Although I am sure he has far more skill than 95% of the general public.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The funny thing is that Clarkson is actually a very good driver but never pushes it too far.

May is quite sensible and never takes an unnecessary risk.

Hammond is the most reckless and seems to end up paying for it. Although I am sure he has far more skill than 95% of the general public.
I think that the common thread is that they are not usually driving on open roads while displaying their "laddish" bravado. I think that most of their followers realise this.

Who would have thought that an electric car would be engulfed by a fireball if it crashed ? Is there something that the manufacturers of electric cars aren't telling us ?
No.

They use li-ion batteries. Those explode if mistreated, by users or manufacturers. Google Galaxy Note 7, or watch this.

View: https://youtu.be/zqV6zEO7hEQ

Lullabelle

Banana
Rather selfish putting his family through that time and again, I know it is his job but he is a presenter not a racing car driver with many years experience under his belt.

Top Bottom