Wales : West Glamorgan Ride around Dragon Sportive Route Spring 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cheshire Celt

Legend
Think for all involved its best she remains in the dark

robjh

Legendary Member
Oh what a great weekend, what a fantastic ride on Saturday, great bunch of people to share it with too. It was good to see old faces -RichP Celtie and Banjo - and meet new - TC, HLaB, User482 and Ossie, also Kins if only for a short while.
Loved Rich's pics, I'll have mine loaded up shortly, but I don't think they'll top his ones - they are a true and accurate record of a brilliant day, just a shame that the lovely Jasmine is in the dark there.

I made it to Gloucester on Sunday, after 84 miles and just 30 minutes to spare before my train. The start was deadly slow as I struggled across the valleys but I had picked up a bit of speed by Pontypool and decided to go for the whole ride rather than bale out and drop down to Chepstow. Still, the Forest of Dean packs a few killer hills, and I rode like a b****rd into the wind on the last few miles to make up time.

Can hardly move this morning, my legs are burning and aches in the arms and shoulders - I'm sure it must have done me good.

Cheers again Banjo, good planning and organisation paid off.

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Glad you made it in time Rob. Look forward to seeing you on next ride.

Sunday morning I did a gentle ride of about 5kms to stretch my legs a bit then stretched out on the sofa with a book ^_^

I knew this would be another great wknd. I did get back Friday afternoon and it briefly crossed my mind to drive down before I fell asleep on the couch after 24hrs travelling.

I would also like to remind folk, that Rich had a puncture before the ride started last time, which he tried to fix with some taiwanese tube. It took 4 people and me supervising before it was fixed. He's a deliberate drama queen.

I got back to Peterborough about 2pm and every (or least it seemed like every ;)) motorway overbridge was full of cyclists. I was going to head straight out but I settled in the sofa; an hour later the urge was still there however, and I headed south into the wind (it was a bit breezier than Saturday), it ended up being just under 67miles; Banjo's relaxed 5kms would have been a better option. After a while when I seen the sign for Kimbolton I decided I went too far south and turned round near Molesworth, took awrong turning on the way back north though, which resulted in a mad dash to make the most of the light :blush: something my lungs/ throat could have done without.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Need to get a summer ride sorted . . .

Well volunteered celty. When is it and where are we going ? :-)

RIGHT WHEN'S THE NEXT ONE

I can't answer when, but it might be somewhere flat :whistle: . . . . . . . . somewhere like . . . Cheshire ?

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Na Wales is more fun

Problem with around here, is that some of the hills are too steep for some riders . . . they fall off :whistle:

. . . your turn pubbers get it sorted

I've got a great idea for a ride . . . 70 - 80 miles - takes in a famous climb; but to compensate, there's one of the best descents in the UK . . . . . . . even I'd expect to hit 45 mph - I'm entirely serious, when I say that some of you guys could hit well over 50 mph.

Despite the best of intentions, I've followed my usual training regime - I've been out just once this year:rolleyes: . If I can get in a bit of running and the odd bike ride, I should be able to cope . . . . . . . I know a good pub stop and the guinness always helps ^_^.

It'd be good, if we could get Rich and some of the Southern softies to turn up - I don't think they turn up for less that 80 miles.

Just say when (and how far you want to go) and I'll get it sorted.

Cheshire Celt

Legend
No more falling off lol those days are going ( I hope ). Sounds good sure the boys would come even if its just for my out look on life and chat

Top Bottom