Wales : West Glamorgan Ride around Dragon Sportive Route Spring 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Tell that old coot to make sure he gets a good night's sleep - he's gonna need it for those hills tomorrow! :biggrin:

Watch him when he wiggles his left knee it means he's poised to attack on the climb... be ready for it!

Noodley

I got a text from rich a wee while ago, it sounds as if my little gift to you all in the form of the pub singer turned up - no need to thank me :laugh:

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Thanks to everyone on the ride for being such great company.

The eco lodge was ideal, spotlessly clean and comfortable.Comfy chairs to lounge in plus a store room for bikes.Only downside was limited facilities in the village.Pub that doesnt do food and not much else .

After weeks of Siberian weather we woke up to blue sky and warm sun.
User482 arrived , after introductions we set off on time and made good progress up the first big climb over the Bwlch.
Rich p managed to set a new world record by getting a puncture before even taking his bike out of the store room we kept them in overnight ^_^

Snow on the hill tops and some impressive ice formations on the waterfalls and road side wet bits.

We met Kins at Penderyn who bravely struggled on with a non working derailleur until the chain snapped and he called for the cavalry to come and fetch him. Nice to meet you Kins hope you get the bike sorted and get some miles in.

Big breakfast in Cafe , several more Scenic climbs . Plenty of Celties Tablet to fuel us up the hills .Eventually rolled back into Betws in time for an odd collection of items that was all they had left in the chippy noone went hungry though and then to the aptly named Oddfellows to wash it down with beer .

Perfect cycling weather sunny,cool , no ice on the roads .Good humoured group of people .Scenic route and mostly considerate motorists.

A weekend I will remember for a long time.

Kins

Über Member
Sorry I was such a shambles, nice to meet you all, hope I didn't slow you up to much. :wacko: Stunning weather. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom