Wales : West Glamorgan Ride around Dragon Sportive Route Spring 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I dont have a garmin so my stats are :- Breakfast 1 Cereals toast honey banana.
Breakfast 2 Sausage egg bacon beans toast
Lunch Steak Pie Cake then more cake
Ride food nuts banana and Tablet ( Celties rocket fuel probably a banned substance :-) )

Cheshire Celt

Legend
Banjo thanks for putting together a super weekend mate I had a blast.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
P1050342_zps6d52ca5d.jpg
Well, what a superb weekend. Great to meet some of my favourite CCers and some new faces to names too. The pictures will follow shortly while I work out how to photoshop the vision of pink loveliness that was Jasmin onto the body of la belle Claudine. Many thanks to all especially Banjo for his immaculate organisation - I'd better add that it's a bit weird how he always gets the bunk next to mine - just saying, like. Too knackered to write more but I will spill the beans tomorrow...
... a couple of pics till later too...
P1050302_zps38cf12a6.jpg

P1050341_zps9bce9ddb.jpg
P1050376_zpsa38e1f21.jpg

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Great Pics Rich. One of my boys went up to take pictures of the frozen waterfall on the Bwlch today but most of the ice had melted it was about a third as big as yesterday. I really still cant believe how lucky we were with the weather..The ice formations gave it a magical feeling for me. Binned those crap gloves though ^_^.

PS I BAGGSED MY BUNK FIRST...

Kins

Über Member
I went back up after I got home and had a chicken picnic with the my dogs and my step bro, his dog and his misses. Was beautiful looking over Hoel Senni. I prefer looking at the Devils Elbow than walking up it with cars trying to run me off the edge! ;)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Okay, I confess - Banjo is a good looking fella and nothing like Mick Philpott at all.
Here's the link to my photos. My theory is that if you take enough then some might be okay!
https://picasaweb.google.com/richardpount/BanjoSRide#

Another fine weekend in Wales! I never thought I'd say that again after October's good weather but this was even better. Great company too - what a fine bunch of people there are on CycleChat.
Always fun to listen to CCelt's forthright views and to find someone who swears as much as me and la belle Claudine. He doesn't drink as much as us though!
Good to catch up with Rob, User482-Steve, Banjo always funny and talking sense, and new to me HLaB and kins. Ossie did amazingly well on such little training and really enjoyed the ride and meeting you all.
Fabulous route with a few little lumps to enable us to appreciate the panoramas:whistle: Banjo's description of the climb up the Bwllch as a gradual incline was more than slightly misleading but HLaB and User482 made it look easy!
Thanks to Rob and Banjo for rustling up the pit pony bolognaise on Friday - a Masterchef challenge!
The abiding memory of the weekend though has to be the vision of pink loveliness known locally as Jasmin (but clearly Charlotte Church having fallen on hard times). The Oddfellows Inn was full of them before we even walked in. Enough fart gas from the barflies to power the lights in the pub - did you notice the lights failed when they went home? Possibly more female flesh on view than was wise but we manfully resisted the siren attractions of Blodwyn et al even when one of the young ones revealed her new tattoo in a hidden spot and her mother competed by showing hers, on her right breast.
What sort of boozer has three types of smoothflow bitter, no real ale, two crap lagers and no Guinness? Wouldn't have missed it though and Jasmin belting out her numbers will stick in the memory till my senility gets even worse.
Cheers everyone for making it memorable.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Heh - what on Earth did I miss...
I am too fearfull to look at the pics (I have pics blocked, in my preferences) because I am at work! I will take a peek later, in the safety of my own home.

Top Bottom