England : Essex Ride for Food - Maldon - 8th Dec

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Ok, as mentioned in the Rye ride thread, the Whitstable ride in October will be my last FNRttC of 2013 so I need something to fill the time. I'm therefore proposing to bring back the Ride For Food from 2011. The second will be to Maldon on Sunday 8th Dec. It will start at either 8am or 8.30am (decision to be made based on attendee list) at Hyde Park Corner.

It's around 100 miles there and back. It's as flat as a flat thing after being left under a heavy weight for a long time. Lunch will be taken at the Old Ship in Heybridge Basin. It's a really nice little pub with great fish and chips (although some riders may wish to avoid the burger) Bikes can be locked against railings outside the pub.

Things to know (sometimes called Rules):
1. No one will be left behind but please bear in mind this won't be running at FNRttC speeds. I imagine averages of around 13-14mph for the whole trip.
2. I won't be doing a recce. I know the route but road surfaces may have changed since I last rode it. You're responsible for yourself but please consider others e.g. if the road surface is iffy, leave some space.
3. It may finish in the dark (although I would hope it doesn’t) so be comfortable riding in the dark.
4. I’ll be leaving the ride back at the Dartford Crossing so if you’re heading back to Central London, please be prepared.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
M, I'm up for this, but it'd have to be 08:30, as I'd be on the 1st train out of Amersham (assuming they're running).

BigGee

I'd like to do this one as well.

I would head back towards Brentwood though and cross country to home from there seeing as i live on the right side of the river!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I know this is a secondary consideration, but where will you be stopping for food?

The Old Ship in Heybridge Basin

Sounds good do you have a route to look at as getting to HPC for the start might be awkward as first train up won't make the start in time will look at booking day off if I could meet up on route somewhere

U

User10571

Interested.
But December 8th?
December?
That's a lifetime away.
I'll make a decision closer to the time of the ride :smile:

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Sounds good do you have a route to look at as getting to HPC for the start might be awkward as first train up won't make the start in time will look at booking day off if I could meet up on route somewhere
It will look something like this.

December is only half a lifetime away really. I just wanted to get something in the diary. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom