England : Essex Ride for Food - Maldon - 8th Dec

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
May I suggest that at Hannigfield Resevoir we drop south on Middlemead then back up on S Hannigfield/E. Hanningfield roads. It's a fantastic bit of cycling road. Shame to miss it.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
May I suggest that at Hannigfield Resevoir we drop south on Middlemead then back up on S Hannigfield/E. Hanningfield roads. It's a fantastic bit of cycling road. Shame to miss it.
On the way out or on the way back?

I must confess that the route was hastily drawn and effectively has a couple of places I remember (Stock for example) sandwiched between the two end points. I'll give it more thought before the date.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
On the way out or on the way back?

I must confess that the route was hastily drawn and effectively has a couple of places I remember (Stock for example) sandwiched between the two end points. I'll give it more thought before the date.

On the way out...

U

User10571

One could further enhance the grin factor by using the delightful Lower Stock Road to leave Stock rather than Ship Road.
Just sayin' like.....

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
:thumbsup:You do all realise that I don't remember what any of these roads actually look like don't you? I'm just picking them off the map!

U

User10571

:thumbsup:You do all realise that I don't remember what any of these roads actually look like don't you? I'm just picking them off the map!
Streetview is your friend.

rb58

Enigma
I can send you our regular Dartford to Tiptree route which has been refined over the times we've ridden it. Certainly suggest avoiding the A414 into Maldon other than for the last little section. Going via Slough Road and Lodge Road is a nice alternative.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
I can send you our regular Dartford to Tiptree route which has been refined over the times we've ridden it. Certainly suggest avoiding the A414 into Maldon other than for the last little section. Going via Slough Road and Lodge Road is a nice alternative.
Ta. That's more or less the route I was aiming for without actually being able to remember what it was. I then just need to build the HPC bit on to it.

Top Bottom