England : Essex Ride for Food - Maldon - 8th Dec

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
I was thinking about that too. The lanes could be a right mess through the more rural parts of Essex.
Worth postponing or shall we go ahead? I did have thoughts that the pubs may be affected because they are both behind a little seawall from the river

rb58

Enigma
I'm still up for it, but we might be better off staying in Maldon rather than going on to Haybridge.

gbs

Guru
Perhaps we should have a backup alternative - an inland destination such as Danbury Country Park with The Bakers Arms in Danbury nearby.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Thanks all. 103 miles for me in total, a strong finish to a poor year really. Feel really unfit but will rectify that in 2014.

gbs

Guru
No, thanks are due to you Martin. Sporting pace on the way out so I was pleased that I had an alibi to justify ducking out of the return. What was the overall mph that you recorded?

My post lunch recce to Burnham on Crouch after an absence of 30 years was interesting; the town has grown a little and has prospered; there is now a cinema, 1920's style, that has been revived but looks rather down at heel - in my time I think it was a warehouse. BoC is still a pleasant spot and a good destination.

Last edited:
OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
No, thanks are due to you Martin. Sporting pace on the way out so I was pleased that I had an alibi to justifiy ducking out of the return. What was the overall mph that you recorded?

My post lunch recce to Burnham on Crouch after an absence of 30 years was interesting; the town has grown a little and has prospered; there is now a cinema, 1920'2 style, that has been revived but looks rather down at heel - I my time I think it was a warehouse. BoC is still a pleasant spot and a good destination.
My overall was a lacklustre 14.72. I put that down to my lack of fitness and the headwind on the way back.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
No, thanks are due to you Martin. Sporting pace on the way out so I was pleased that I had an alibi to justifiy ducking out of the return. What was the overall mph that you recorded?

My post lunch recce to Burnham on Crouch after an absence of 30 years was interesting; the town has grown a little and has prospered; there is now a cinema, 1920'2 style, that has been revived but looks rather down at heel - I my time I think it was a warehouse. BoC is still a pleasant spot and a good destination.

16.2 on the way out..

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
A great day out. The weather deities smiled upon us.
A nice location for lunch which could be a good FNRttC destination.
Thanks are due to the front runners on the way back for easing the pace for an old git with a tobacco habit.
91 and a bit for me.

Top Bottom