Ride from Stockport......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Sh4rkyBloke said:
That'd be great! :biggrin:
Time to start working on the others telling them how good the caff there is then :biggrin:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I would if I knew... having never been there though!!

Oi - everyone - JTM says the Cafe is good at Jodrell so we simply *must* go there on the ride!! :biggrin::biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well, it might be a good idea actually as the route I'm thinking about doesn't skirt many cafes and this would be ideal - planning to ride right past the entrance to the place. Cafe is OK - been there before.

It's fairly flat route, but let me know if you want to avoid Swiss hil / Wizard if not we can do Mottram St Andrew, but there is still the 'lump' to get over - it's a flatter profile

Haitch

Flim Flormally
I can vouch for the café. Excellent place. I went there on my 13th birthday. I don't think things will have changed much in the past 36 years.

You're making me jealous about the ride, have a good day

OP
OP
PsychoRider

PsychoRider

Über Member
It seems i've dropped a right one...i was reading out Fossyants post out loud, said the words "July 6th & Tatton Park" and the good lady amusingly reminds me i'd forgotten that i'm supposed to be taking friends and family to the American Car Show,no way of getting out of it either so i'm very sorry but i wont be able to attend.....i was looking forward to it all week too..proper peeved now.........enjoy it guys and i'll read all about it on here if you decide to go ahead with it.....Sorry!!!! :biggrin:

fossyant

Silly Dilbert - having fun with mapmyride - it's not playing tonight, but I recon it's a 45 mile loop from Stockport via Jodrell (just so happens Jodrell is half way (ish))...........

OP
OP
PsychoRider

PsychoRider

Über Member
I'm on mapmyride too right now been on it for hours......how cool is it...wish i had something like this years ago....got a profile up if anyone is interested in a few rides around Woodhead, Snake Pass and Holme Moss....get your legs burning.....Strines is best done starting with Woodhead and downhilling Snake Pass
P.s. if you do do it this way watch out for the first big downhill on Strines road the hairpin at the bottom is a killer!!!! You been warned lol

fossyant

How about this for a route

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-kingdom/stockport/535897295579

I've put a P for parking for Jodrell Bank (CAFE)

I know Strines...it's 'tough'.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
fossyant said:
How about this for a route

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-kingdom/stockport/535897295579

I've put a P for parking for Jodrell Bank (CAFE)

I know Strines...it's 'tough'.
Looks fine to me. I'd be leaving just after the 25 mile mark (where you start to bear Eastwards again) and head on over to Dunham Massey Park (not Tatton now as my Wife pointed out that there's some sort of car show on there, as Psychorider now remembers!! :smile:).

Lovely Ice Cream shop at Dunham... mmmmm, ice cream....

So I'll meet up with the family, watch the deer, eat an ice cream and see how I feel about cycling home.

Yenners, DanBo - you both still up for this ride?

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Looking back over the thread it looks like we may have:

Moi
Longers
Yenrod
Dan_bo (sorry - got your name wrong in the last post!)
Trio25
Fossyant

Anyone else?

Looking forward to this. Do we have to carry placards with our usernames on or wear a red rose to identify ourselves? :smile::biggrin:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Console yourself with the upcoming Manc - Blackpool run.:tongue:

There is already a group of 3 of us going if you'd like to join us, you'd be more than welcome. :wacko:

Top Bottom