Ride from Stockport......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Best meeting point in Stockport is the Station - on the road outside the entrance (not the entrance slip road).

If coming south, turn right off the A6 into Station Road at McDonalds (and the Grand Central Complex) ... . If you get to the town hall, you've gone to far....

Station Road loops round the back of Grand Central Leisure Complex and becomes Railway Road...

mcrdave

hey guys. I'll try and meet at the pole at 9 tomorrow but if i'm not there then don't wait for me. I'll be on a spesh allez by the way.

OP
OP
PsychoRider

PsychoRider

Über Member
:sad:So you had a good day longers and co....good im pleased,, so u know faces to nics now....car show was good too despite the odd shower.......anyway next time i arrange a ride or to come on one i'll be checking diary carefully:biggrin:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Excellent ride (cheers Fossyant for organising that) with our own personal shower upon entry to Jodrell Bank cafe (okay, so maybe it was a tad earlier, but only 5 - 10 miles or so!!).

Excellent group of chaps - nice to put faces to avatars, but I'm afraid Dan_bo has now ruined my image of him which I fully expected to look like his piccie! :ohmy::biggrin:

Enjoyed it muchly!

Finally made it to the picnic at Dunham Massey after going home and having a bath first... we finished our food and made it about 500 yards into the place before the heavens opened... and I mean opened!!

fossyant

Great ride in the Cheshire lanes...finally got to clean the bike this evening...out swimming 20 mins after getting in the door......

Great to meet you all....... some pics

DSC00185.jpg

DSC00186.jpg

fossyant

Just look at the route mapping earlier in the thread - we did the same route - might jog your memory - some fab back lanes in Cheshire - just a case of knowing them, beats the main roads....

Up for another run soon'ish - give it a few weeks....keep getting in trouble for going AWOL on the bike..... (only a little bit)...

trio25

Über Member
Glad you had a good ride, sorry I couldn't make it. But don't worry I was out in the rain!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I'm up for another ride out at some point (assuming I can cajole the Wife into looking after both nippers for the half-day!) - but perhaps next time I'll leave the extra weight at home (i.e. my shoulder back thing which had my waterproof jacket, short sleeved top and my bib-longs (honestly, where did I think I was going to change into those if it got really cold???) as well as a D-lck and a cable lock). Should make for an easier ride without the extra 2 stone!!! ;):biggrin:

fossyant

Sharky - I was in you're situation a bit back - my two are a bit older now..phew....

Looks like Longers is planning a Southport Ride - this will be all day...... my flippin camera is way too big for the bike for the planes and stuff.... (so called compact that is SLR sized) - may take the 'ole 2mg fixed focus camera.....but, if we are walking about, then I may go with a rucksac and civvies....Lycra is a bit much !

Top Bottom