Ride your bike on Christmas Day challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ripple

Veteran
Despite weather forecast scaremongering that it will rain all day today still no rain so a quick ride to and around local lake.

20221225_145751.jpg

20221225_151044.jpg

Slick

Guru
Apologies, I've no pictures, mostly because it wasn't very picturesque here today as grey and grisly most of the day. I did get away for an hour or so for a shortened version of my usual 50k loop. A tad over 18 miles to try and work up enough of an appetite to at least try and make a dent in the amount of food Mrs Slick has prepared. :eek:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Done, but no picture: I only saw this thread just now, on getting home.
Rode 3 miles to my friend for Christmas lunch, with a stop in between to visit another friend.
Had in my panniers: 1kg of homemade olive bread in the shape of a Christmas tree, 3 small tins of homemade cookies and i small tin of homemade chocolate truffles.
Tied on my rack, a cat food cardboad box with a homemade Christmas log inside.
I'm proud to say that I delivered all the goodies without breakages ^_^

Alex321

Veteran
Got out this morning for a nice 20 mile ride.

Unfortunately, the front gear changing now has problems. Was struggling to get it to change on to the big ring all day, lever really hard to push, and then when I did get it changed, was rubbing a bit on two smallest cogs.

Thought maybe the mech had slipped, so tried fiddling a bit when I got home, but couldn't improve it. The issue appears to actually be in the shifter - at one point I undid the cable at the mech end, and the lever still wouldn't move easily that way. Possibly the cable end has moved or something. But by the end of my fiddling, I couldn't get it into the big ring at all.

I didn't have time for more checking, so I'll have to have another look at it tomorrow.

20221225_113534.jpg

20221225_114733.jpg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
didnt get on the bike at all in the end my cold hit me like a train the last 2 days so i am having to have enforced rest , even had to cancel planned club ride tomorrow

I did, yesterday, as it was the Bank Holiday

A couple of streets, en-route to the ‘main road’ were glistening with ice & frost
The ‘main roads’ were just wet

I got into the Hospital grounds, all wet

Until about 50 yards from the ED, & the last corner
Down l went……..

Ice
Even worse, 2 witnesses that l know!!

Scuffed bar-tape & saddle (‘94 vintage ‘Flite’)

Hobbled in, sounding like Muttley, as he curses Dick Dastardly

No physical damage, as l was going slow, just preparing to freewheel to the entrance

Sadly, no offers from ED Nurses to check me over
(not that there were many on that shift, that l talk to)

Don’t think it’ll be icy this AM

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Oh dear, unsympathetic witnesses

tyred

Legendary Member
I love a Christmas day cycle but have missed out for a second year as last year, I was just after getting my ankle bolted together and this year because I was busy try to cough up a lung.

dicko

Guru
I love seeing the children on their new Christmas bikes. My first bicycle was a Christmas present surprise. After opening our presents and going out to the hallway there it was all new and gleaming, thanks Mum and Dad

Top Bottom