RideLondon-Essex 100 (2022) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
No I don't use Facebook, WhatsApp is a simple to use messaging/calling system with track features.

Nothing shocking about it. I couldn't care less who owns it
Sorry, it is shocking that you seem not to know that since you agreed to a privacy policy change last summer (else you wouldn't be able to use it any more), if you use WhatsApp, you're basically using Facebook. Your phone number, ID, location, transactional data (who you message/call) and user IDs are shared with Meta's other businesses, but, to be fair, they say they don't store the transactional data in a way that can be used to generate a log. Almost the only things they don't demand (yet) are the contents of your messages/calls.

That's why a load of people switched to Twiiter's Signal, Telegram and the good old XMPP/Jabber/Blabber family last summer.

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
But to get back on topic: Do you intend to clean your bike. Mine's pretty mucky at the moment so it might be a good excuse to give it a spruce up.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Maybe quick wipe with a rag. I've washed my bike already this month.
I've given the brakes and gears some attention, and will oil the chain tomorrow.

More importantly, what to wear?
I'd planned bibshorts but not if it's only 9 degrees at the start! Max temp is only 14 so I'll be in bibtights.

Not sure about my top half yet.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Maybe quick wipe with a rag. I've washed my bike already this month.
I've given the brakes and gears some attention, and will oil the chain tomorrow.

More importantly, what to wear?
I'd planned bibshorts but not if it's only 9 degrees at the start! Max temp is only 14 so I'll be in bibtights.

Not sure about my top half yet.

Well my bike is clean, checked over and ready to go.

Clothing wise I'll be wearing bibshorts, two base layers, summer club jersey, lightweight club gilet and arm warmers. I'll carry a rain jacket in case of showers but mainly in case I get chilly. Unsure about tights as I hate wearing them.

Rode 50 miles on Monday in 12⁰ and felt slightly chilly. I was wearing the same kit.

Last edited:
Shorts,base layer and short sleeve jersey........we're hard down south :whistle:

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Stage one Classique highlights on iPlayer. Apparently broadcast on red button in the evenings. Set your recorders for stage 3 as it's on BBC 2 from 1530 Sunday before most will get home, probably with some reports on / from the sportive.
Unfortunately I find it hard to concentrate on more than one race at at time, and my head is full of the Giro, so I'd forgotten about that. Thanks for the tip I'll take a look.

Bike cleaned and checked over. Rack pack removed and Alpkit wedge bag installed. Off to the garden centre now to injure myself picking up bags of compost or something like that.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Aha, I also removed my rack and pannier. They're a bit of an air brake, so I'm hoping to be super speedy now.
Feels like I should make an effort to achieve a reasonable speed.

Also finished my brake and gear adjustments yesterday, washed the bike, then gave the wheel rims a buff.
Yeah, it still looks like a slightly abused 13 yr old commuter bike.

Decided on a summer s/s top, over bibtights.
Hoping that arm warmers will be enough but will gauge this in the morning, and probably swap arm warmers for a softshell jacket., which is also showerproof to deal with the possible showers.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Well my bike is clean, checked over and ready to go.

Clothing wise I'll be wearing bibshorts, two base layers, summer club jersey, lightweight club gilet and arm warmers. I'll carry a rain jacket in case of showers but mainly in case I get chilly. Unsure about tights as I hate wearing them.

Rode 50 miles on Monday in 12⁰ and felt slightly chilly. I was wearing the same kit.

Blimey , where are you off to, the Arctic?

Top Bottom