RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2014!!!) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I have now paid my £48, and looking forward to it, having reviewed my on line entry, it appaers that I may have told them a little white lie!
I said my expected time would be 5h 19mins - I dont have a hope of getting round that quick unless I drop 2 stone, and buy a carbon fibre racing bike.
What with closed roads and riding in groups I would hope to get a rolling speed of 17mph, but 19mph will be pushing it!

That sounds good i live in surrey so this ideal, have you done it before? Looks harder than the London ride 100 (more hills). I assume this is not on closed roads though.
Not done it before, it does look a bit more hilly and no closed roads but most sportives aren't on closed roads, it won't be the same buzz but still a good ride I think

sleaver

Veteran
Does anyone know what happens with Charity's and expected finishing times? Do we have to fill in something separate at a later date?

philinmerthyr

Über Member
I have now paid my £48, and looking forward to it, having reviewed my on line entry, it appaers that I may have told them a little white lie!
I said my expected time would be 5h 19mins - I dont have a hope of getting round that quick unless I drop 2 stone, and buy a carbon fibre racing bike.
What with closed roads and riding in groups I would hope to get a rolling speed of 17mph, but 19mph will be pushing it!
I think a lot of people will have been optimistic with their times this year with the hope of getting an earlier start time.

vickster

Legendary Member
I thought you get a later start if you give a shorter time to complete, so you are more likely to complete in the time limit? Or have I got that wrong?

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I'll need help putting this on my as yet unused and still boxed 800 :whistle:

If you have never used it watch this from the Ride with GPS guys , very interesting and useful especially the bit about after you have loaded the route, you need to go into the settings and change the "Turn Guidence" from off to ON , this enables the turn by turn car sat nav type guidance, rather than just a line on the screen.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APW2DNOXPvs&list=PLx8WX9qbbZ_J0HcZw_71X-5EYhic7ZvaY&index=2

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I thought you get a later start if you give a shorter time to complete, so you are more likely to complete in the time limit? Or have I got that wrong?
Faster riders start earlier to avoid the need to overtake slower ones.

philinmerthyr

Über Member
The faster riders start first. The time limit is from the last start time (8:30 I think last year) to the cut off to finish (5pm I think). If you get an earlier start you still have until 5pm. The cut off is not based on your start time.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
If you have never used it watch this from the Ride with GPS guys , very interesting and useful especially the bit about after you have loaded the route, you need to go into the settings and change the "Turn Guidence" from off to ON , this enables the turn by turn car sat nav type guidance, rather than just a line on the screen.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APW2DNOXPvs&list=PLx8WX9qbbZ_J0HcZw_71X-5EYhic7ZvaY&index=2

That's 45 mins long :eek: Just find an 11 year old and ask them to set it up .

vickster

Legendary Member
The faster riders start first. The time limit is from the last start time (8:30 I think last year) to the cut off to finish (5pm I think). If you get an earlier start you still have until 5pm. The cut off is not based on your start time.
That still seems silly but hey

zizou

Veteran

Depends on what you are capable of just now but i wouldnt rule out 19mph

Alot of people (myself included) took huge amounts of time off even their most optimistic target.

zizou

Veteran
That still seems silly but hey

It is a safety thing rather than just about clearing the course - it wouldnt be a good idea having big groups hammering along and having to overtake thousands of riders going considerably slower.

Top Bottom