RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2014!!!) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nick Stone

I got the commiserations magazine but have got a place through Asthma UK.

If anyone is interested, this seems to be the proposed route through Surrey. Anyone know if there are any differences over last year?

Aha another Asthma UK rider as well.

philinmerthyr

Über Member
It is always good to put the link you reference :banghead:

He is the link although Beebo has since posted one. Mine is only the Surrey section though.

http://mycouncil.surreycc.gov.uk/documents/s10545/item 6B - PRL-S - Annex 1 - Cycle route plan.pdf
I posted my strava link to last year's ride a few pages back. I think it's the same route.

Rejected here too, I wonder if they rejected those that did it last year straight away? I am not going to go down the charity place route, I got in through the ballot last year and rode for Mind anyway but only managed to raise £320, they want £650 and there's no way I'll manage to raise that amount.

I'll have to find an alternative event to inspire me this year, it's very dissapointing

philk56

Guru
Rejected for second time...

I'm not really that disappointed because of the numbers of applicants i didnt think i would get in.

There are countless other 100 mile rides this year so i might do one of them instead.

Forgot i had initially donated my entry fee to the london marathon charitable trust so it was a bit of a surprise to receive a nice cycling jacket.

philinmerthyr

Über Member
Anyone looking for a hotel, the Travelodge in Stratford still has rooms. Just booked a room for 9th to 11th Aug for £150. The Saturday night was £111 with Sunday being just £39.

Last year I stayed in the Premier Inn at Excel that was great but I had a 5 mile ride to get to Olympic Park.

Top Bottom