RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2014!!!) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Applying for a charity place, can you apply for more than one? incase one of the charities turns me down?
You can apply for as many as you like, but what would you do if more than one accepted you?

MikeW-71

Veteran
I had asthma when I was a kid and was on daily medication so thought it would be a good charity to ride for as I have a connection to it through asthma.
My sister has it and still uses inhalers. I was told by the doc many years ago that I am mildly asthamtic, though not enough to require medication.

philinmerthyr

Über Member
Just realised - today is 6 months to the 2014 RideLondon 100.

Here is the ride profile.

image.jpg

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I had a look on the Garmin site and the ride doesn't seem to appear on there as a DL . Im not doing the ride but wouldn't mind having it on the Garmin if anyone has it logged ?

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I was rejected, phew.........

I had a look on the Garmin site and the ride doesn't seem to appear on there as a DL . Im not doing the ride but wouldn't mind having it on the Garmin if anyone has it logged ?
I'm taking an interest because my buddy @vickster is doing it.

http://static.garmincdn.com/shared/uk/custom/ridelondon/downloads/training.zip seems to contain the course GPX

(link from http://www.garmin.com/uk/ridelondon - I uploaded it to http://ridewithgps.com/trips/2228621 to see it)

Nick Stone

My sister has it and still uses inhalers. I was told by the doc many years ago that I am mildly asthamtic, though not enough to require medication.
I had asthma when I was a kid and was on daily medication so thought it would be a good charity to ride for as I have a connection to it through asthma.

I have mildly, but controlled and it looks like my little boy has, as he has had a few problems but they won't give full diagnosis yet, but it's looking like it is. This is the first time I've even remotely thought of doing anything like this for charity, so I intend not to mess it up. Did a ride on Saturday that nearly finished me off, hills, hills and more hills......so more training required but I will be Asthma shirt spotting...

Ian at fleet

Applying for a charity place, can you apply for more than one? incase one of the charities turns me down?
Looks like I will get a charity place after all, pancreatic cancer charity, my dad is very lucky to be one of the 20% who survive this cancer. Its the one that got Roger Lloyd Pack (Trigger). I should have bought a charity place from the get go, I was going to approach this charity anyway. So alls well that ends well.

azir

Rejected - sad times! My dad, my brother and I were all first time applicants and we had a range of time estimates but none of us got in - bah! My dad has since suggested that we all ride one of the Yorkshire stages of the TdF instead though, so it's all good really :biggrin: Although I've forgotten what hills look like since moving to that there London...

Top Bottom