RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2014!!!) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Two rejections here. We're seeing if the charity we're connected to can persaude the organisers to accept a tandem. If not, then I might take up one of their two places unless they've got better offers.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Two rejections here. We're seeing if the charity we're connected to can persaude the organisers to accept a tandem. If not, then I might take up one of their two places unless they've got better offers.
Hope this helps, I know neither of you are disabled, but you still have a chance.
http://www.prudentialridelondon.co.uk/About/FAQs.htm
After a successful trial in 2013, approximately 150 tandems will be allowed in the 2014 Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100. Preference will be given to riders with a disability.
Only one rider needs to have been successful in the ballot. Entrants with a visual impairment or a disability that requires a guide rider will be charged the standard entry fee of £48 with no entry fee payable by the guide rider. When neither rider has a disability, the entry fee must be paid by both riders (ie a total cost of £96).
Tandem riders must inform the Prudential RideLondon entry team on tandems@ridelondon.co.uk that they are planning to ride on a tandem by Thursday 20 February 2014 and before paying for their place. Tandem ballot entries will close on this date.
In the event that we receive more applications for tandems than we can accommodate, a further random ballot for the tandem places will be drawn on Tuesday 25 February to decide which tandem teams can take part. Preference will be given to riders with a disability. If unsuccessful in this tandem ballot, riders with a valid ballot entry can still participate on a regular single bicycle.
All payments for entries must be paid by Friday 28 February.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Thanks @Beebo. I'll ask the stoker (and chair of the charity concerned) to talk to her contacts, pointing out the date.

sleaver

Veteran
I got the commiserations magazine but have got a place through Asthma UK.

If anyone is interested, this seems to be the proposed route through Surrey. Anyone know if there are any differences over last year?

anyuser

Über Member
I got the commiserations magazine but have got a place through Asthma UK.

If anyone is interested, this seems to be the proposed route through Surrey. Anyone know if there are any differences over last year?

Do you have a link to the proposed 2014 route? i would be interested.

anyuser

Über Member

Ok I have last year's route and I think it will be the same too.

vickster

Legendary Member
I've booked myself a ropey hotel a mile away (although might try to stay with a friend close by) and I have registered to ride for Water Aid, which is the charity I picked when I first registered

They look to still have places if anyone wants to ride - £50 entrance and £550 to raise I think

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I seem to have managed to get two charity places! I'm going to have to let one of them down. Bugger. I'm really looking forward to doing it again this year, it was fab last year.

Top Bottom