RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2014!!!) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Ive booked the Premier Inn at Docklands , its right next to the ExCel where you register , looking at a map it doesn't look to far from the start.

There seems to be plenty of rooms there

anyuser

Über Member
Thanks Speedball, thanks Diddly. I have also booked Premier Inn Docklands and phoned reception, they said no problem taking bike into room.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Yeah, I'm approved - I wont bother with any specific training, I know I can do the distance and I'm not in it to win it.
I'll just enjoy the day out on closed roads.

Longshot

For those of you that missed out and have cycling workmates, have a look at the Business Relay option. You only get to do 25 miles each but if you want to be a part of the day, it's an alternative.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'm in, first time. Mrs Gti has just booked a room at Premier Inn County Hall.

I've done the Cape Argus three times, that's 68 miles but in very hot windy conditions with five biggish climbs.

My 'Approved' status was confirmed by the arrival of the Congratulations magazine yesterday :hyper:
Does anyone from last year have any advice on hotels near the start and what they did with their bicycles overnight?
I booked in right next to the exhibition centre. Made it easy to sign in on the Saturday and, if you're coming in on train, easy to get to (due to Road closures for the other events) via overhead and the LDR (which took bikes). The Greenway is nice to use on the Sunday morning to cycle to the start (about 4 miles) and acts as a great warm up.

Globalti

Legendary Member
If the Argus is anything to go by (35,000 riders) we have to register and collect numbers etc. the day before, right? Can this be done at several different places or must it be at the Olympic village? We will be going down by train so will need to book the bike on the train each way. I guess taxi from Euston to County Hall Premier Inn would be better than lugging a bike on the Underground, unless I cycle and my family take the Underground. Then an early start on the Sunday morning straight up the A11 Whitechapel Road to the start?

I'm already fretting about it. Would you believe I lived in Laandon for seven years? On the Argus I always stayed at a Protea hotel on the Waterfront about 6 km from the start and 1 km from the finish, which is better after 68 hot miles.

Longshot

Last year we had to go to Excel on the Friday or Saturday before to register and pick up the necessary stuff. There were no alternatives.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It's the same with the London marathon, you have to register the day before at the Excel, which is no-where near either the start or finish of the race.

I guess taxi from Euston to County Hall Premier Inn would be better than lugging a bike on the Underground, unless I cycle and my family take the Underground.
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/bicycle-tube-map.pdf

If you wanted to catch the tube, you'd have to cross to Euston Square, and take the circle line around to westminster, as you can't bring a full sized bike on the norther line (to waterloo)

Taxi or cycling are the better options.

Top Bottom