RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2017) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Yep no joy, did it last year as a club entry, applied through the ballot this year.
Injured anyway, probably a blessing.
Club will probably get a team entry again to which loads of people will say "yes I'm interested" only to vaporise when they actually have to put pen to paper so to speak (like last year). If I'm fit, maybe I'll put myself forward again if they are looking for riders.

Reactions: mjr

vickster

Legendary Member
I see in the magazine there's a charity where you only need raise £250, not bad.
That's fine if it's a charity you have some affinity to presumably! I wouldn't ask people to sponsor me to ride for a charity of little to no interest or resonance just so I could have an enjoyable day out on my bike :smile:

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Well my mate has got another Commiserations magazine to add to his collection. That's 4 for him now.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
And if you are comfortable with continuing the spread of the notion that cycling is something people do for charity, as opposed to an everyday activity for getting about.
It's just a ticket to do the ride, it doesn't have to mean anything.
There's enough charity's jumping on the bandwagon these days, I wonder how many places are allocated to them?
If a charity gets a few quid out of it it's win win isn't it?

Top Bottom