RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2017) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
I did the transport survey on my phone using cellular and didn't have any issues, though I appreciate this is none indicative of your own experience. Maybe try completing on your phone?

I would say there are a lot of annoyances of the organisation of this event pre the big day, but on the day the event itself is immaculate in the logistics.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I tried my phone first and laptop second, both had the same issue. I am properly registered now thanks to the young woman I spoke to yesterday.

Tin Pot

Guru
I'm not racing this, but has anyone seen a recommended FTP % for this ride?

I'll have the power meter with me anyway, so may as well use it.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
There are 60-something waves over a period of around 3 hours, which would imply they are around 3 minutes apart.

But bearing in mind that each wave is around 400 cyclists, the gap between the end of one wave and the start of the next one is pretty short.

Excited yet?

kb.jpg

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Always been too nervous to take too much notice, but I would say that there cannot be more than a minute between the starts.
Please don't get nervous - it's a bike ride. It should be fun, in some way.

rugby bloke

Veteran
Being nervous at the start of a race is normal.

You just have to remember that the RideLondon-Surrey 100 isn't a race.

I'm not nervous in the sense of it being a race - I have neither the ability or the desire to race anyone.. It is more of a nervous energy in anticipation of the day ahead. Once I'm over the start the nerves go and I'm riding around grinning like a loon ... right up to the 90 mile mark and that bl**dy hill in Wimbledon !

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
I'm not nervous in the sense of it being a race - I have neither the ability or the desire to race anyone.. It is more of a nervous energy in anticipation of the day ahead. Once I'm over the start the nerves go and I'm riding around grinning like a loon ... right up to the 90 mile mark and that bl**dy hill in Wimbledon !

Shhh. Don't tell the new guys about that hill, it makes for a nice surprise. :smile:

Top Bottom