RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2017) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
No, you should receive an email headed "Action Required: Your Start Wave and Transport Options". Check your spam folder.
Found it, finally! I'd accidentally binned it in Gmail.
  • Rider Number (Bib Number): 10481
  • Start Area: Pink
  • Wave: A
  • Wave Load opening time: 05:40
  • Wave Load closing time: 06:20
  • Start Time: 06:52

I am staying in the Travelodge Woolwhich and paid about £80 for the room, now up to £92.

You can cut under the river using footpath.

Dunno. Hope so as that is what I am planning on doing. Plenty of reviews say you can as the hotel is in a pedestrian area so should be ok.

Last edited:

rugby bloke

Veteran
D they let you keep bike in room? I will be travelling v light and dont wanna take bulky lock with me
For the last 2 years I have stayed in at the Holiday Inn Express at Old Street, they have always been fine about storing my bike in my room. I would imagine that all hotels in the area would expect people would want to store their bikes in their room.

On a separate note - any one travelling down from the Northants area ? Due to other commitments I'm going to have to drive down on Sunday morning so I'm happy to give a lift if any one needs one.

vickster

Legendary Member
D they let you keep bike in room? I will be travelling v light and dont wanna take bulky lock with me
Travelodge do allow bikes in rooms. We had no issues at the one in Barking in 2015 :smile: £95 if book today, around 6 miles from the start, easy ride
Room plenty big enough for two bikes. Kettle in room for making instant porridge breakfasts

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
For the last 2 years I have stayed in at the Holiday Inn Express at Old Street, they have always been fine about storing my bike in my room. I would imagine that all hotels in the area would expect people would want to store their bikes in their room.
"Hub by Premier Inn" apparently don't allow it, despite the main Premier Inn chain's very up-front and famous bikes-in-rooms policy http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/why/bike-friendly.html

Does anyone know whether all Holiday Inn Express allow clean bikes now, is it just that the Old Street one always allows it, or is even that a special thing for RideLondon? Last I checked, the official advice of IHG (HIEx's owner) was that cyclists should stay at their much more expensive Crown Plazas which often have secure cycle parking and there were tales of people being told not to take bikes into rooms and billed for extra cleaning if they did.

steverob

Guru
It's more likely to be down to individual hotel policy or a one-off for RideLondon. The Holiday Inn Express between Bow and Stratford (corner of Carpenter's Road) that I used in 2015 was very welcoming to cyclists. They had no problems with bikes being in rooms, although they did have signs up on the lifts saying one bike maximum at a time (admittedly they were very small lifts) and they laid on the buffet breakfast from 4am on the Sunday instead of their normal 7am start time, so they certainly knew their clientele.

On a separate note - any one travelling down from the Northants area ? Due to other commitments I'm going to have to drive down on Sunday morning so I'm happy to give a lift if any one needs one.

What you doing about picking up your registration pack? I am coming down from the North East on Saturday morning and a little nervous despite setting off at 9am ish that I will miss the 5pm closing time of the exhibition.

Reactions: mjr

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
What you doing about picking up your registration pack? I am coming down from the North East on Saturday morning and a little nervous despite setting off at 9am ish that I will miss the 5pm closing time of the exhibition.
I'm travelling down from Northumberland (train) on Thursday.. so have plenty time. Are you driving?

I am going to be driving down as I can't get any cheap train fares less than £90 from Darlington or Eaglescliffe.

I would like to pay £45-£50 but missed the cheap tickets!

I did manage to find free parking at the Docklands by cheekily asking for a permit to park onsite overnight as a one off. I was expecting a no sorry!

Last edited:

rugby bloke

Veteran
I will be working in London on the Thursday before hand so I will go over to Excel on my lunch hour. Best of luck getting to Excel, if you are parking up in Docklands it will be a straight forward trip on the DLR.

rugby bloke

Veteran
GPX of the route if anyone's interested (reduced to 500 points) - obviously not necessary for navigation, but I always have 'distance to go' as one of the fields on my Garmin so I know when to make my winning attack...
The time for the winning attack has to be Wimbledon Hill - 10 miles to go, everyone is blowing out of multiple orifices. Get to jump on the pelaton going up the hill and its 10 fast miles to the finish !

Top Bottom