RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2017) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
No, you should receive an email headed "Action Required: Your Start Wave and Transport Options". Check your spam folder.
Yes, I'm doing it. See my previous posts about charity fundraising (and the generous contributions I've had fro CCers.

Having a slight debate with myself about how to get to start, once I know my start time.

Hmm,, haven't had start time email yet, have checked spam too.

The subject title is called action required and it comes from Prudential. It ok me a while to find my email. It was sent on a Wednesday night.

sleaver

Veteran
If you are one of the slower riders you start later so as not to create a jam with the faster riders who will be starting earlier. Makes no sense to me!
Its for safety reasons and to have a steady flow of riders.

I agree that having the slower rides go first would in some ways make sense as it would give them more time. However, you would then be in a position of the faster riders trying to get past. There are actually some fast riders that do start in the later waves. That gives two scenarios:
  1. Everyone plays ball and you just end up with a procession of 30,000ish riders following the slowest ones. Can you imagine riders who have never ridden in a group before coping with that or how the hubs/water stops would cope!
  2. The slower riders spread out across the road and the faster riders only have a small gap to get through causing accusations of who is more dangerous.
Option 2 is what has happened for the past 3 years more and more and could possibly be proved by any replies this post gets :smile:

sleaver

Veteran
You push your bike until the last pen where the starter will give you a count down
Don't forget you get a choice of music as well :okay: Although it is the people right at the front who choose and if they have a bad taste in music..........

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Don't forget you get a choice of music as well :okay: Although it is the people right at the front who choose and if they have a bad taste in music..........

It's primarily a predictable (and mostly acceptable) selection from the 70s/80s : Heroes, Road to Nowhere, Mr Blue Sky, and various Queen & Survivor tracks.
Also heard some Madness, and I think... Pinky and Perky.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Presumably start times are calculated based on the predicted time you put down on the entry form. I gave my predicted time as 6hrs, but tbh I've got no idea how long it will actually take me. Could be more, could be less.

vickster

Legendary Member
It's primarily a predictable (and mostly acceptable) selection from the 70s/80s : Heroes, Road to Nowhere, Mr Blue Sky, and various Queen & Survivor tracks.
Also heard some Madness, and I think... Pinky and Perky.
Let it go from Frozen in my case in 2015 :biggrin:

Top Bottom