RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2018) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steverob

Guru
Also the wind looks like it might be more likely to be a tailwind (tail/cross maybe) on the return journey into London, which is always welcome news.

Having taken three water stops in 2015 and thinking that took up too much time, I was planning on only doing two this time round, but we'll see what it's like on the day. The forecast is about 3 degrees cooler than it reached on my ride yesterday, and on that I was out at the time of maximum temperature (4pm), while I'm aiming to be done with RideLondon by 2:30pm with any luck.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
They said on the weather report last night sunday may have a slight chance of showers! But then BBC reckons chance is low (6%). So who knows. Cartainly the temps will have come down to a more reasonable level for a 100 mile ride (24 degrees).

Still, take plenty of water on board and I hope everyone taking part has an amazing day to remember. Ride safe!

allinsod

ENTRY AVAILABLE.
Due to illness one of our team(nothing serious) has dropped out. We are doing the full 100 mile Amstel Ride together team event. It’s the same ride as the 100 but we also gets time for our team when the last rider crosses the line.
Please let me know if no one is willing to take the entry as it is not transferable to next year. Can meet at excel Saturday afternoon or Southwark Saturday evening to give over rider pack.

steverob

Guru
So is anyone else picking up their numbers from the Excel this evening? One of the few benefits of working in London means I can do this tonight when it's quiet rather than having to queue up on Saturday.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
So is anyone else picking up their numbers from the Excel this evening? One of the few benefits of working in London means I can do this tonight when it's quiet rather than having to queue up on Saturday.

It's Saturday for me so stuck in the queues I guess.
Stopping down in London 3 nights from tomorrow, so best get down there early and hope the queues aren't too bad first thing.

steverob

Guru
Yeah, definitely go in the morning, because loads of people will be taking part in the FreeCycle in Central London, which will help. It's later in the afternoon (which is when I'm supposed to be heading for my hotel) once this has finished that the Excel starts getting really busy apparently.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Yeah, definitely go in the morning, because loads of people will be taking part in the FreeCycle in Central London, which will help. It's later in the afternoon (which is when I'm supposed to be heading for my hotel) once this has finished that the Excel starts getting really busy apparently.

Cheers for the heads up.
I need to look at the info, pretty sure it opens at 10:00, so my intention is to be there at opening and once signed on, have a good look round.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Good Luck to everyone on the ride :okay:
Have a great day :smile:

NanoRoo

I managed to get a place this year which I was thrilled about and have been training hard.
However, looking at the forecast I’m considering not taking part :sad:
The rain is one thing but 19mph winds are scary.
What are other’s doing?
:sad:

Buck

Guru
I managed to get a place this year which I was thrilled about and have been training hard.
What are other’s doing?

You can’t back out now !! The winds will make the first half a little harder but if you work with others it’ll be fine.

PS 19mph winds are not scary! Annoying but not scary!

The back 50 will have a nice tailwind to help you home!

sleaver

Veteran
What are other’s doing?
I along with a few others here did it the year hurricane Bertha caused Leigh and Box hills to be dropped due to safety reasons.

I’m sure tomorrow will be a breeze compared to that year :okay: Excuse the pun :smile:

Top Bottom